Healthy meals , snacks please :)

Options
Help need new ideas

Replies

• surgite1971
    surgite1971 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Following.

As a veghead, just trying the simple wins like apples, grapes, carrots, nuts.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Check out the YouTube channel Clean and Delicious- she has has a lot of simple yummy healthy recipes
  • courtneyfabulous
    Options
    Healthy snacks I like:
    Fage Greek yogurt
    Apples and organic peanut butter
    Cottage cheese and fruit
    Turkey jerky
    Banana
    Protein shake
    Open face turkey lettuce & cucumber sandwich (only 1 slice of bread)
    Salads
    Raw carrots
    Raw red bell peppers
    Lentil vegetable soup
  • courtneyfabulous
    Options
    Banana egg pancakes are kind of fun- blend 2 eggs with 1 very ripe banana, you can add a little vanilla or cinnamon if you want- use this as batter for making small pancakes- gluten free and high protein. It helps if you spray the pan with coconut oil so they don't stick.
  • bionicrooster
    bionicrooster Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you have any diet limitations or preferences.... but if you like meat I always keep a few Ostrim sticks around, they are beef and ostrich sticks that taste good, only 80 cals, and low sodium. Great for a snack at work.
  • MNFitnessGal
    MNFitnessGal Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Try Vega bars, they are so delicious. Can't believe they are high in protein and just 200 calories. Very filling, has fiber. HyVee store had them and someone mentioned how good they were and I tried them. I bought the box so it's cheaper that way. Non GMO. Plant-based. Chocolate caramel is amazing.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Options
    Cook...use scratch, whole ingredients and cook...that's pretty healthy. Pinterest has like a gazillion recipes at your fingertips.