Listening To Your Body

Options
Should I listen to my body to workout even though I feel ill or wait until I recover fully.

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Listen to it.. there is a reason why your body signals pain and feeling unwell..

Now if it is a cold or something fairly mild and you have no fever, use your discretion.
  • RoxieDawn
    Options
    I would def work out with just a cold.. I am doing that now. Folks in the gym will appreciate it if you stayed home..
  • RoxieDawn
    Options
    Like a real cold. :s

What is a real cold vs a cold?? :)
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    If you feel really lousy curl up under a blanket, watch a movie or read a good book, and drink plenty of liquids.
    The world won't stop if you miss a few workouts, and the rest may do you good.

Cheers, h.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    if you want to work out from home or go for a run then that is fine, but please don't go to a public gym and contaminate the whole place....
  • RoxieDawn
    Options
    Where's mo
    I will try & tough it out

Just don't go to the public gym.. you saying you are gonna tough it out sounds like you feel pretty lousy and might be contagious..
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    If you've got negative comments don't bother >:)

not sure what is negative about asking that you not contaminate a public gym with whatever it is that you are suffering from...
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    What negative comments did you get that would deter you from asking for help or advice?

From what I am reading there were sympathetic folks advising against the gym but encouraging you to do a little something if you felt up to it.

Peoples reactions to illness, even the common cold are different, you have to go with the advice that is best for you.

Cheers, h.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Like a real cold. :s

Why not do a modified/laid back workout that doesn't require spreading the cold to everyone using the equipment at the gym?

...And once again...I should read to the bottom before commenting.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Options
    It would depend on my illness...
    If you've got negative comments don't bother >:)

I so zero negative comments...
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,424 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    If you feel well enough to exercise then exercise. You might adjust your workout to something lighter though.
    I agree with not going to a gym if you are dripping fluids, coughing, contagious and just exercise at home or outside.
    Here is a workout you.might do-
    https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=dHp2JCXHWSs
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    I listened to my body this morning after last night's bean burrito - and almost went deaf. :o

Hahahahaha best comment