Trying to Lose 10 Pounds...

Options
MarissaAkers
MarissaAkers Posts: 19 Member
edited October 2016 in Getting Started
Hey y'all!

So I feel stuck in a rut and was looking for some motivation. I have started doing the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred in hopes of getting back in shape and losing a few pounds. I'm 5'7 and it's my goal to be 10 pounds lighter, as I have gained 10 pounds in a two month time span. I have started cleaning up my diet by eating less bread, more fruits and veggies and more lean meats. I have also started to drink more water. I feel like my legs and waist are starting to slim up but I am stuck between 159-161 pounds. Two years ago I weighed around 135-140, so this is the heaviest I've been and I'm starting to feel discouraged.

Can anyone tell me about their weight loss experiences? I'd greatly appreciate it!

Replies

• aliem
    aliem Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Don't feel discouraged! Weight loss is mostly diet. Working out does help some, because it gives you extra calories. Make sure you don't eat back all of your exercise calories, because they are estimates and tend be be over what you actually burn.

Create a plan though. That is the most important part! Know that you will not be perfect and make a plan for when you get off track. Other than that, just keep at it!!!!
  • llwolford
    llwolford Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi Marissa! My children are your age. That being said I have loss 36 pounds since January. I went from a tight size 12 down to a 3/4 or 5/6 in Juniors and a 2 or 4 in misses. My main problem was emotional/stress eating. I have finally been able to stop the cycle of mindless eating. Keeping an honest journal really helped me. Also, I started attending some really fun classes. Had some really supportive people that held me accountable. Entered three weight loss challenges. Find things that you enjoy. I have tried new things out tahitian dance, yoga, circuit training, running, etc. If you can, find a local work out partner. Sounds like you are on the right track. You can do this. I have my last 6 or 7 pounds to lose also. Remember that this is not all about numbers...it is about being a healthier you. Sometimes you have to look at everything emotional, mental, physical, and spiritual health. Also, if you are losing inches that is fantastic. The scale is not always an accurate picture. I had to adjust my final goal weight higher, because I am more fit and in a smaller size than I was when I was 10 pounds lighter.