MFP is the new FACEBOOK

Options

Replies

• Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    This is about only "social media" I'm on. I'm considering getting rid of this too but it helps me pass time at work when I'm bored. Plus I occasionally get good laughs and I need laughter in my life.
  • jmp463
    jmp463 Posts: 266 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    cartoon-funny-KZRmiALet5g4w
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    fitbisi wrote: »
    I am new to mfp and it has been very encouraging, seeing millions of people trying to lose weight (or gain weight).

It's probably more like a couple hundred a day.
  • rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    I can say things here I cannot say on FB with my in-laws and parents closely following my updates. What the fudge....

I miss being a jerk on FB. I sorely do.

Mark Zuck had the right intentions and spirit for FB when it began. But as usual, the oldies have to come in and ruin it all - quote psalms, share cat pics and share Mark Twain quotes which he never said.

lol at oldies...I left because of the youngins and stupid ish they say . Whining about relationships and jobs and family...smh.
  • 3blues1978
    3blues1978 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    So funny you posted this today, with the encouragement of a good friend, her and I disabled our Facebook accounts today! My plan is to use MFP as my 'social media' to help keep me on track. I don't need everyone else's personal life drama anymore!
  • G085H173
    G085H173 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    This is about only "social media" I'm on. I'm considering getting rid of this too but it helps me pass time at work when I'm bored. Plus I occasionally get good laughs and I need laughter in my life.

You know, it may contrived (at best) to say it, but it's meant sincerely...... having a lovely smile such as yours yet you say that you need laughter in your life, it's CRIMINAL!! What the devil are the people on your side of the pond doing that you are not smiling and laughing and showing off that wonderful mike? Have a word!
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    facebook is where my booty calls are
  • G085H173
    Options
    Ha! Are these private messages or does everyone know when you're booty is called?
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    G085H173 wrote: »
    Ha! Are these private messages or does everyone know when you're booty is called?

facebook pm/chat is easy to use

Then you dont even have to look at your facebook dashboard just get msgs from whoever and avoid having to give out your number ;)

magic
  • Linlou125
    Linlou125 Posts: 1,620 Member
    Options
    Mfp is way more entertaining than FB! Sick of all the political crap on FB.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    On Facebook I talk about my kids. Well, I did when they were younger. Less now because they are older. But, it also helps keep me up to date (and organized) on events and dance auditions. And I found some helpful groups (also some stupid groups). Helps me stay in touch with friends, my twin brother, and my siblings-in-law. I blocked my parent. I think it's better to keep boundaries in certain relationships (for me).
  • G085H173
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »

facebook pm/chat is easy to use

Then you dont even have to look at your facebook dashboard just get msgs from whoever and avoid having to give out your number ;)

magic

Oooooh. Very discrete. What a damn pity there is big pond separating me from you or I'd give that pm booty call a go
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    J_Surita3 wrote: »

You know, it may contrived (at best) to say it, but it's meant sincerely...... having a lovely smile such as yours yet you say that you need laughter in your life, it's CRIMINAL!! What the devil are the people on your side of the pond doing that you are not smiling and laughing and showing off that wonderful mike? Have a word!

How very kind of you. I think everyone needs laughter. I didn't mean to imply that I don't. Sometimes I need funny distractions to get through the day is all. :)
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    On Facebook I talk about my kids. Well, I did when they were younger. Less now because they are older. But, it also helps keep me up to date (and organized) on events and dance auditions. And I found some helpful groups (also some stupid groups). Helps me stay in touch with friends, my twin brother, and my siblings-in-law. I blocked my parent. I think it's better to keep boundaries in certain relationships (for me).

I hear that. Facebook is how I keep in touch with my family overseas and keeps me informed of class reunions, etc. Other than that it's just junk. "Copy/Share this is you hate cancer", "Copy/Share this is your against child abuse", "Copy/Share this if your hate rapists". And in between those is "Share this if you love your beautiful daughter!!!" , "Share this if you have a great son!"

Like, really?

When I opened a Facebook account people were actually having conversations and really posting statuses about what was going on in their lives, or asking questions about local events, or posting about their bad dates at The Cheesecake Factory. Now it's all spam and nonsense, similar to the 'chain emails' that were going around in the 90's.

• DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    I just saw another quote attributed by Churchill.

I responded to the poster that my grandmother famously said "Veni, Vidi, Vici". Everyone's ganging up on me that I am bluffing. Ah the horror!

I'd be like hello this is Facebook, where infamously our families're here; to confirm/deny our claims because no doubt, they're viewing this post also!
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options

I hear that. Facebook is how I keep in touch with my family overseas and keeps me informed of class reunions, etc. Other than that it's just junk. "Copy/Share this is you hate cancer", "Copy/Share this is your against child abuse", "Copy/Share this if your hate rapists". And in between those is "Share this if you love your beautiful daughter!!!" , "Share this if you have a great son!"

Like, really?

When I opened a Facebook account people were actually having conversations and really posting statuses about what was going on in their lives, or asking questions about local events, or posting about their bad dates at The Cheesecake Factory. Now it's all spam and nonsense, similar to the 'chain emails' that were going around in the 90's.

Before emails it was snail mail, it's astonishing that people actually paid postage; to send those chain letters!
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options

Like, really?

Before emails it was snail mail, it's astonishing that people actually paid postage; to send those chain letters!

I remember those!!!!
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options
    I just saw another quote attributed by Churchill.

I responded to the poster that my grandmother famously said "Veni, Vidi, Vici". Everyone's ganging up on me that I am bluffing. Ah the horror!

I'd be like hello this is Facebook, where infamously our families're here; to confirm/deny our claims because no doubt, they're viewing this post also!
    I made one better than Mark Twain's.

7471dk7z3trz.jpg

I'd keep, the facts intact but then add, excessive punctuation! That's my type, of distortion! If they're unable to comprehend it, then how'd they know; if it's legit or not?
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    My eye just twitched.