5'10 / tall ladies - what are your weight / calorie goals??

Options
2»

Replies

• _piaffe
    _piaffe Posts: 163 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    5'11
    Original GW - 145 (hit that in April)
    CW: 149 (fluctuated and/or mini-bulked up over the summer... it isn't water retention) - however, I've definitely gained some lean muscle, and things are fitting very well. A little differently, too - months of focus on glutes and my "posterior chain" have finally paid off.

New GW is a maintenance range of up to 147, which feels ambitious. However, have just discovered a potential obsession with spinning and am hoping to do that 4-5x week in addition to my 3 full body dumbbell training sessions (I have RA - limited on the weights front).

The issue for me is 100% diet.

Hoping to lose a couple of pounds by mid-December. So that I can gain them back over the holidays, of course.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    5'11. Been in "maintanence" for about 4 years. in 2011 went from 193 to 143. Currently I sit somewhere between 150 and 160. And I'm really happy with that. To lose .5/lb week I eat anywhere from 1550-1630 calories and to maintain right now I'm right around 1900 calories.

Really not concentrating on the number on the scale. Honestly right now it doesn't matter. I'm happy in size 8-10 clothes and if they still fit and I feel good, I'm happy.
  • Julsbo
    Julsbo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5.10", currently 70.9kg (156lbs) down from 170lbs. My goal is 63.5kg (140 lbs).

I am losing half a kilo per week and generally aiming for 1300-1400 calories per day after exercise. I run mainly, and walk 2-3 miles a day commuting to work. Once I hit my weight goal I would like to shift my focus from burning fat to building lean muscle.
  • dmsx3
    dmsx3 Posts: 20 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I am 5'10" and am shooting for 160. I started at 186 and hover around 170 right now. I am 47 yo now and before children, I was at 135. I look too skinny in those pictures. The last time I weighed 160 was after the birth of my second child, nearly 18 years ago. That weight will get me out of the "overweight" designation by several pounds and I am hoping will still leave me with some curves that pregnancy endowed me with. :). Currently, my calories are set at 1600, I ride an exercise bike for 30 mins, 3 days a week and do 20 mins of yoga on off days. I am going to start some weight lifting for my upper body also once or twice a week here soon.
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    5'10" here. My first goal is 190, and then we reassess. My doctor suggested that anything is good and she'd be more than happy with that.
    Calories are set at 1700 and I'm not stressing if I eat at maintenance, so I've been doing about a half-pound a week.

My lowest weight after college was 175-ish. It all came off my upper body, so my face, neck, ribs, shoulders got scary and my hips/thighs were still full. Not going to try to get lower than that again.
  • BethAnnieT
    BethAnnieT Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9", 41, and I'd say small frame. Currently at 156 I am a little squishy. Goal is 140-145 but I also want to get back to lifting. So I might end up at 156 after a year or two of lifting but look much better than my current 156 & squishy. Which would be fine.
  • kennygang
    kennygang Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    It's so nice to see how many other tall ladies there are here.... Sometimes I feel like I am the only one. I am almost 6'0 and currently weight 281. My goal weight is 150-160 I am currently trying to do the low carb WOE and have had success with it but was curious what type of diet you all are following??? I fell off the band wagon and trying to get back on. This is the heaviest I have been and I can't stand it anymore.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I'm 5'11 with a medium frame.

I didn't have a weight goal, but a measurement/dress size goal. I'm very happy maintaining at 165 - 170, but I stayed around 175 for a couple of years after I lost 80 pounds.

I have solid curves and muscle so I wasn't hung up on the scale when I was losing weight.

Edit to add: @kennygang - I didn't follow a diet or eat special foods. I eat balanced meals and I don't snack. I just look at my calories, plan out my meals and make what I want fit. That's one of the best things about being tall, we can eat more. :)

Also I look at my calories on a weekly basis. I usually eat a little less during the week and a little more over the weekend and it all balanced out. This works great for me.
  • rachelr1116
    rachelr1116 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    kennygang wrote: »
    It's so nice to see how many other tall ladies there are here.... Sometimes I feel like I am the only one. I am almost 6'0 and currently weight 281. My goal weight is 150-160 I am currently trying to do the low carb WOE and have had success with it but was curious what type of diet you all are following??? I fell off the band wagon and trying to get back on. This is the heaviest I have been and I can't stand it anymore.

I started at 237 in April of 2015 and as of today I'm down to 200. I'm losing on average .5 to 1 lb per week and when I first started I was losing around 1.5 lbs per week. I have a Misfit Shine to track my activity and I have it synced with MFP. Since it seems that my Misfit overestimates the calories I burn, I set my MFP deficit to lose 1.5 lbs per week and then I eat all of the calories that I earn from my Misfit. I'm not following any special diet, I still eat anything I want just not in the quantities that I used to, usually between 1400 and 1800 calories per day and sometimes more on the weekend.
  • daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    kennygang wrote: »

I'm 6'0", started at 368, currently 296. I tried low carb (keto) in the past, lost great (my lowest was 272), fell off the wagon, gained most of it back. Easiest and most sustainable WOE for me is to just count calories and walk.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    5'9" small frame, goal is 135, current is 145ish.
  • dmsx3
    dmsx3 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    No special diet here either. Just keeping my calories below 1600. Sometimes I eat my exercise calories. Sometimes not. For instance, because tonight is date night with the SO, I have cut out one of the two snacks I allot myself and ate less for lunch just so I can have a 25 oz. Blue Moon with dinner. :) Oh, and will eat back about 3/4 of my exercise calories.
  • foxandflora
    foxandflora Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and currently 141. My end goal is 128, but my next "mini-goal" is 135. The hope is to hit 135 by Thanksgiving.

But you are the perfect healthy BMI now! Won't 128 make you underweight?

I just googled it- Technically by 1 pound? But so long as I am eating well (1200-1350 is my daily intake BUT I also packed down 900 kcalories of wings ~alone~ yesterday!!) I'm happy to get back to where I used to be. It is true I've got a history of ED behaviors, but when I was sick, I was at 110... as long as I don't know ANYWHERE near that or eat the same way I used to, I feel good.

It's funny because it is true that I am at the "perfect" range now, but I'd rather get to 128 and work out so my weight when I'm toned/working on my fitness is 135ish. That's just me, of course!

Everyone in this thread is so inspiring with all of their stories- whether they are aiming for 140 or 160 or 200 or whatever. It's nice to see the range.
  • ALG775
    ALG775 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm 6"1 with a fairly large frame. I started off at 245 and am currently 197 with a goal weight of 189- which puts me at the top of a healthy BMI. I feel and look good (if I do say so myself! ) My plan will be to maintain for a year or so and see. At the moment, my maintenance calories will be around 2200 which feels pretty good.