Plantar Fascitis..

Options
Hurts to walk and jog. I've tried everything nothing is working. Any ideas please share and feel free to add me.

Replies

• Cubs1978fp
    Cubs1978fp Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have had it only thing is rest
  • queseraseraxo
    queseraseraxo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've had that and metatarsal problems for 4 years now. What helped me were shoes with better support or orthotics if you have insurance/can afford that. Physiotherapy has really helped, too!
  • tracytesla
    tracytesla Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Several things you can do to help, but it'll take time, won't be an instant cure. I developed this last winter and the only things that helped me were buying orthotic shoes, and shoe inserts for proper arch support. It took me several tries to find the ones that worked best for me. I also did stretches (google) and bought a special splint to wear at night to help. It took me several months to get back to normal. And i'll never wear a shoe again without proper arch support. Now I can happily say I am pain free. Good luck!

Here's a site with some helpful info:
    http://www.healthline.com/health/fitness-exercise/plantar-fasciitis-stretches#Othertips3
  • rebecca5731
    rebecca5731 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Seconding the previous post. I now have proper foot beds with arch support in all my boots and do the stretches I found on Google. If I wear boots without the support it starts to come back. It took several months to go and all new shoes have decent arch support.

• gillmores
    gillmores Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    How about cycling? Sorry to hear about your pain