After years of Cambridge diet I'm finally eating healthy

Options
ambrosineshitrit
ambrosineshitrit Posts: 3 Member
edited October 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I've got a lot of weight to lose about four stone -however the first time since my daughter was born 6 1/2 years ago I am finally eating properly.

I login everything that I eat and the calories, and Its taken off and I know at the end of the day I've had three good meals and snacks within my calorie range.

I haven't weighed myself yet I intend to weigh myself in a month
I don't even know exactly what my starting weight was but I am dedicated to writing everything I eat down and to be quite honest with you I feel healthy for the first time in months I feel like my body has craved the vitamins and mineral food that has been taken away from me on a low fat low calorie diet wear I lose loads of weight and then just put back on

I don't think the doctors will be happy with me because I'm not losing quick enough when I feeling myself then I'm losing at least a pound a week
I feel more confident in myself I feel as if eating A meal or a chic bar doesn't stress me out anymore!!
I'm back in control and at 50 years old nearly this is the way to eat

Replies

• DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    It's difficult to stay on prepackaged foods. You will have to learn how to eat regular food at some point.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    DebSozo wrote: »
    It's difficult to stay on prepackaged foods. You will have to learn how to eat regular food at some point.

Lean Cuisine, Healthy Choice, etc., aren't going anywhere.
  • DebSozo
    Options
    seska422 wrote: »
    DebSozo wrote: »

Lean Cuisine, Healthy Choice, etc., aren't going anywhere.

Take a look at the reviews of the Cambridge diet. It isn't the same as Lean Cuisine. It's more like shakes, soups and bars.
  • DebSozo
    Options
    Congrats OP on getting off of the Cambridge Diet and eating properly!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Has something been edited away?

OP, "not losing quick enough" is what makes diets like Cambridge failures and scams. Eating enough food, good food and food you like + calorie deficit/balance= success. Many (most) doctors don't know much about nutrition and weight management - not even that.
  • DebSozo
    Options
    My sis in law has become dependent on a similar plan where she drinks special shakes instead of meals. She loses but then gains back when she stops. She is convinced it is the shakes that cause her to lose weight and doesn't understand that it is the deficit that is created. Her program is very expensive and totally unnecessary if she would just learn how to calorie budget with regular food.