How much can I safely lose by New Years?

Options
vsecret921
vsecret921 Posts: 100 Member
edited October 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi! So I'm back at calorie counting. I did well for a while, but fell off the wagon. I'm a full time nursing student, mom of a toddler, and wife of a fisherman who can eat 4,000 calories a day and still lose! (Meaning he eats a ton of junk so I'm mainly cooking for myself half the time)

Well that fisherman is taking me somewhere tropical for my winter break (it's a surprise on where for me) and I need to lose weight.

I am 5'3 and 164. I put on weight fairly evenly but I still have the saggy belly from pregnancy. And now it's more bloated then ever.

I workout when I can, but I mostly have to do this with a calorie deficit. Is it possible to lose 25 lbs in the next 11 weeks??

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    2.25 average weight loss per week at your height and current weight is not doable in the least.

Want an honest answer? Safely? .5/lb per week. eta as you might can do up to 1lb/week for the first few pounds, but after that, should drop that down to .5/week..
  • Arapacana1
    Arapacana1 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Rather than focus on a particular number of pounds, just try to get in better shape by your trip. Even if you lose 10 pounds, you would probably still feel better. Enter your stats into mfp, and eat the number of calories it gives you.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Because you're not obese, a weight loss goal of over 2 lbs per week is unrealistic, I'm afraid. You could *safely* lose a maximum of about 10 lbs in that time frame, so focus on that instead.

Enjoy your vacation with your husband, and then re-focus when you return to get rid of the rest. :)
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    IMHO, 10-15 pounds but I highly suggest you don't don't stress about losing the weight quickly and instead, focus on just eating healthy and enjoying this trip with your husband. As a husband myself, I can assure you that your husband simply wants to enjoy this trip with you and isn't worried about how many pounds you can lose before the trip.
  • Ersheen
    Ersheen Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone!! I have same story as u
    I am 5:3 and 165 now 160 and need to loose 20 more by end of dec for my 10 marriage anniversary. But I now 20 pound
  • Ersheen
    Ersheen Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Focusing on 10 pounds lets do together we r on same boat and lets sail this boat together and reach at our destination
  • vsecret921
    vsecret921 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Wow thank you all for such amazing words! I think you all are right. I'll focus on losing a smaller amount and being able to maintain that and being happy. And to just not stress about it and enjoy my trip.
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I can easily lose 1 lb/week when I want to. More than that isn't necessarily unsafe, but it's pretty miserable.

But weight loss/gain and general fitness should mean life-long lifestyle changes, not "I need to lose for my wedding" or "I want to look good on my vacation." Otherwise, you're setting yourself up for failure.