Arctic Zero ice cream, don't bother

Options
2»

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    When I wanted ice cream arctic zero was a complete disappointment. However I do like banana and someone let me in on a little secret. If you peel a very ripe banana put it in the freezer. Once frozen, blend it up really good it turns nearly creamery almost like an ice cream put a little PB2 on top, it's amazing!

This is just about as much calories as a serving of regular ice cream and tastes nothing like it.
  • flagrantavidity
    flagrantavidity Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    This is just about as much calories as a serving of regular ice cream and tastes nothing like it.

Your joking right? 66 Grams of Breyers vanilla ice cream (1/2 cup) has 140 calories, 60 calories from fat, 7grams of fat, 4.5 grams of saturated fat, 45mg of cholesterol, 40mg of sodium, 14g of of carbohydrates - 14g sugar, 3 grams of protein.

The consistency of a blended frozen banana is nearly creamy, much closer than Arctic Zeros icy consistency.

A large banana, 126 grams has 110 calories, 0 grams of fat, 0 grams of cholesterol, 0 grams of sodium, 450 mg of potassium, 30g carbohydrates, 3g fiber, 19g sugars [that come from the fruit/herb], 1g protein.

So, yes if you're only watching carbs ice cream may be a better bet.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

Your joking right? 66 Grams of Breyers vanilla ice cream (1/2 cup) has 140 calories, 60 calories from fat, 7grams of fat, 4.5 grams of saturated fat, 45mg of cholesterol, 40mg of sodium, 14g of of carbohydrates - 14g sugar, 3 grams of protein.

The consistency of a blended frozen banana is nearly creamy, much closer than Arctic Zeros icy consistency.

A large banana, 126 grams has 110 calories, 0 grams of fat, 0 grams of cholesterol, 0 grams of sodium, 450 mg of potassium, 30g carbohydrates, 3g fiber, 19g sugars [that come from the fruit/herb], 1g protein.

So, yes if you're only watching carbs ice cream may be a better bet.

That is pretty marginal in the long run. I don't worry about most of those other micronutrients for my treats.

ETA- There is nothing wrong with dietary fat. You need that.
  • JinjoJoey
    JinjoJoey Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Artic Zero with a scoop of 0 calorie Walden Farms Marshmallow or Caramel dip mixed in is incredible and as good as most ice cream I've had and it doesn't increase the calories any. I've been doing it for a year now and it's amazing. I just wish the Artic Zero wasn't so expensive for a pint.
  • _SummerGirl_
    _SummerGirl_ Posts: 3,791 Member
    Options
    I really only like Cookie Dough Chip...though I've eaten the Maple Vanilla and added my own chocolate chips. :) It does the job...but I can't eat "real" ice cream anyhow. (lactose intolerant)
  • CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    When I wanted ice cream arctic zero was a complete disappointment. However I do like banana and someone let me in on a little secret. If you peel a very ripe banana put it in the freezer. Once frozen, blend it up really good it turns nearly creamery almost like an ice cream put a little PB2 on top, it's amazing!

While I do keep many fruits in my freezer, I will typically blend them into a smoothie with some PB or almond butter, yogurt, and protein powder. Haven't tried frozen banana 'cream' all by itself, but it sounds really good. Nothing wrong with ice cream, nothing wrong with frozen fruit either.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I don't mind it, but yeah, at $4.95 per pint, I'll stick to using whey powder to make cinnamon roll shaved ice. If I'm in the mood for something creamier, just mixing whey into greek yogurt and popping it into the freezer for an hour or so.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    The chunky ones are edible but only because of the mix-ins, the base itself is really bland.