Diabetes & Obesity

After losing 150 pounds rapidly in 9 months. . I have developed liver issues and diabetes. I wish i had this app before i went on my super strict low carb / high protein diet.

I am happy that I am no longet a XXXXL
Unfortunately. . I fell short on the proper nutrition & my body is hurting from my ignorance.

I'm herein hopes that someone reads this and takes their health goal SLOW AND EASY rathet than RAPID & RECKLESS

huggs.. and may your day be a full of love & healthy choices

Replies

• wjalfaro
    wjalfaro Posts: 3 Member
    i sufferred some Hair loss.. for a woman that is just killing my self esteem.
    Wicked scarring from a botched procedure when i Had to have gallbladder removed to to Gallstones .
    Heart issues due to muscle mass loss from my extreme diets poor nutrition.
    The malnutrition issues also contributed to boils and getting so sick i had a throat infection that led to bronchitis & that eventually triggered pneumonia.

I cany emphasize.how important it is not to rush this.. its your body..

Please.. take it slow & easy..
  • sy_19440
    sy_19440 Posts: 55 Member
    I have lost 90 lbs over three years. Some days are tougher because of thyroid surgery but I haven't put more than 7lbs back on at one time.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    @wjalfaro, thanks so much for sharing this. I hope you are headed on the road to recovery. :)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    wjalfaro wrote: »
    After losing 150 pounds rapidly in 9 months. . I have developed liver issues and diabetes. I wish i had this app before i went on my super strict low carb / high protein diet.

I am happy that I am no longet a XXXXL
    Unfortunately. . I fell short on the proper nutrition & my body is hurting from my ignorance.

I'm herein hopes that someone reads this and takes their health goal SLOW AND EASY rathet than RAPID & RECKLESS

huggs.. and may your day be a full of love & healthy choices
    wjalfaro wrote: »
    i sufferred some Hair loss.. for a woman that is just killing my self esteem.
    Wicked scarring from a botched procedure when i Had to have gallbladder removed to to Gallstones .
    Heart issues due to muscle mass loss from my extreme diets poor nutrition.
    The malnutrition issues also contributed to boils and getting so sick i had a throat infection that led to bronchitis & that eventually triggered pneumonia.

I cany emphasize.how important it is not to rush this.. its your body..

Please.. take it slow & easy..

OP I wish you'd found the forums too, or at least had better advice on your weight loss journey

I wish you a good recovery

Stick around, you could help a lot of souls
  • Naija82
    Naija82 Posts: 345 Member
    I hope you recover soon!

It would be interesting to know what you were eating and how many calories you were taking on average.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Huge internet hugs. Get better soon.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Thank you for sharing your story. In doing so, you will help more people than you'll ever know. <3
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    edited October 2016
    Thoughts and prayers for you to be whole again soon! :heart:
  • indahaurora88
    indahaurora88 Posts: 4 Member
    Thanks for your story! And advice! I'd love to add you as a friend so we can start (me) and continue (you) this journey!
  • DjPorkchop73
    DjPorkchop73 Posts: 16 Member
    Op I am going through many of the same issues you described. I just posted my story. I wish you well and a very safe journey to health!