I need active and supportive accountability buddies!

Options
So, here I sit - thinking I have GOT to come up with a way to stay on track and stay motivated. I have added several friends on MFP, but the only ones that stay active and participate seem to be the ones of known my whole life! LOL. (seriously - like - 2 people.) I guess that's a good thing. But I need more!

I've been here before, like many others, I've lost and gained, back and forth, up and down, over 80 pounds in the last 12 years. Now, I'm 46 -- wait -- 47 (seriously?) years old and I'm battling a whole different set of challenges to get this weight off.

2016 has truly been the most difficult year of my life. At the end of 2016, I quit my job of 20 years due to harassment and discrimination (and burn out) then we lost my oldest brother in January. Since then things have just been very difficult and I'm finding it almost impossible to gain any traction. I'm spinning my wheels. I'm still hunting for a job, recently married (got married again in September after being single for 12 years) and moved to the PNW away from my adult children, grandchildren, and the rest of my family. I'm not feeling sorry for myself - just keeping in real. One of my doctors once told me when I was trying to quit smoking and lose weight - "Lets focus on overcoming one thing at a time." Well, I quit smoking AND lost the weight. I've managed to not smoke again but the weight is a whole different animal! I would like to start feeling better physically.

So, if you're active, supportive and also looking for support, add me! Let's interact and get through this together! <3

Stacia

Replies

• bustinballs
    bustinballs Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm also starting again today. I've never really added people I don't know, but I'm willing to see how it goes.
  • stainbackzoo
    stainbackzoo Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    add me too... i'm a week in and could use for accountability!
  • Sta827
    Sta827 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi I could use a really serious diet/exercise buddy too. Restarted today

Thanks for the add!
  • Sta827
    Options
    I'm also starting again today. I've never really added people I don't know, but I'm willing to see how it goes.

Love the user name! I sent you a message and an add request!
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Hi Sta...I've been at this on MFP since February, down 32 pounds, pretty much login everyday, except once in a great while...and I LOVE the banter and the exchange of ideas, encouragement and support. Feel free to add me. (I sent a FR...)

Eat well, breathe deep, get strong, feel good!
    60 is the new 40!

PS: I think I have GOT to be friends with anyone who calls them self 'BustinBalls'...!! I sent him/her a FR, too...
  • Sta827
    Options
    HAHA! Viking - I just accepted your request. I appreciate it very much. Looking forward to the exchanges.
  • Ldonahue921
    Ldonahue921 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Anyone using fitbit for activity tracking?
  • Sta827
    Options
    Anyone using fitbit for activity tracking?

I am! Fitstones@yahoo.com. Add me!
  • MarissaAkers
    MarissaAkers Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I need accountability buddies too! Feel free to add me!
  • ashcakes72
    ashcakes72 Posts: 21 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Me I'm starting tomorrow again but really need support . Hey add me. I really need the support also. I'm tired of trying and giving up.
  • erinlambert81
    erinlambert81 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm starting this journey again & need some help too!
  • Tiabean86
    Tiabean86 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Everyone please feel free to add me! My diet is all liquid due to health issues but I love having friends on here!
  • becka90mfp
    becka90mfp Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Also starting again having a hard time my mum is dying add me need all the help I can get
  • GoneWithTheGut
    GoneWithTheGut Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Seeing that I have no friends or family who use this app I could use some motivation and accountability as well. Got married and gained nearly 120 pounds over 8 years and finally battling it back and giving my wife what she wants most...a healthy husband! Down 11 pounds in 2 weeks and going strong :-)
  • Splkdancer
    Splkdancer Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I used MFP for four months a few years ago and had a lot of success, but have since fallen off the habit, gained it back and am restarting this weekend - committed to tracking daily, regardless of the ups and downs. Finally realized that there is never an "ideal time" to start and life keeps moving while you're waiting...
  • GMgetsfit
    GMgetsfit Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I would like to join you all in a active group with the same focus. please add me as an accountability buddy
  • JennieMaeK
    JennieMaeK Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like. I'm almost at my goal weight (10.4 lbs to go) and log in every day.
  • actuallyamermaid
    actuallyamermaid Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hello! Would love you to add me! I'm trying to start fresh (also recovering from bulimia). I could use the support and accountability too! <3
  • jrechts1
    jrechts1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Me too! Could I be added. Starting for like the 100th time today and I need some buddies!