MUNCHIES AND BULKING

Options
wallyr1
wallyr1 Posts: 20 Member
I'm a college student and I was with some friends last night and ended up getting high. I usually don't like to just bc it really lowers my inhibitions, but anyway I did. So i just started off eating one bowl of cereal and all of a sudden it became 5 and my thought process was "well since your already down this deep might as well go all the way" so I ended up eating a whole row of Oreos, 5 granola bars, 4 white slices of bread with jelly, a kind bar, 5 fiber one lemon bars, and 3 special k red velvet crisps. I ended up throwing up most of it because I really couldn't keep it down. And then I woke up this morning and went to the farmers market with my aunt and since I screwed up so bad last night I thought I might as well eat at the farmers market too since I really don't get to eat like this often. Plus I thought I had to make sure I get my protein in too. So I ended up having two hot dogs, a chicken tamale, 6 persimmon fruits, and 10oz of honey pineapple chicken. Then when I got back to my dorm I topped it all of with a chocolate protein shake.

In total I've had to have at least 4K-7K calories

Honestly I'm a pretty skinny guy 6'0, 170lb and I'm bulking so I was using that as my excuse as well. This doesn't happen often, last time I splurged was about a month ago, but I feel horrible so my question is what can I do so this doesn't happen again and has anybody had an experience like this before? I feel like if people tell me they've done this before too I won't feel as bad lol.

How do you not use "bulking" as an excuse to overeat?

Replies

• richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    What you should keep at the forefront of your mind is that extra calories beyond maintenance will be used to build muscle, but only to a point. Anything else will become fat. With that knowledge I recognize that eating to a specific calorie goal is still as important in bulking as it is in cutting.
  • butterbuns123
    butterbuns123 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Just embrace the bulk. Bulk till you hate yourself haha. But really don't sweat a bad day. Just stay on track afterwards.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I'm new to bulking, but I'd say most people have a day like that once in a while whether they're bulking/cutting or whatever. I do it too occasionally, and yeah...it's hard not eating all the foods like everyone says even when you're being given a pass to get the calories up. What keeps me in check is having no desire to do a great big cut when I'm finished. Cutting sucks.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    It was one day. I'm sure if you didn't eat for one day you wouldn't be skinny/ ripped. Just move on from it.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Bulk till you hate yourself

This was my mindset along with "don't worry bro, you're powerlifting". I ended up at 270 and 25% bodyfat which is not a good look.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Absorption of a huge meal isn't going to be as high if it's a one time thing than if it's a consistent thing so you shouldn't be too bad. Just adjust your calories for the next couples days to compensate and you should be fine. Just keep weighing yourself.

But seriously, the day after was no excuse so you need to work on that or you could end up with a weight problem down the line. Needed to get your protein in so you had a shake? Seriously? You didn't need that shake whatsoever.

Also, I would take a look at the rest of your diet, if you are this hungry while not using HCT then you may be under eating and building up ghrelin or have reduced leptin. You need to put on the mental breaks and be aware of your eating and why you excuse binges like this. Once a month still isn't good but I remember when I first started to normalize my eating after my weight loss I never really felt full so I had to put limits on myself and walk away from the food. It's not easy but you have to be aware of what you are doing.