What's your "disorder"?

Options

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Terpdad wrote: »
    I tend to go overboard with the comebacks but I'm actually gonna choose to be good.
    But damn I don't like whiners

We've had:

The greatest generation
    Baby boomers
    Tweeners
    Gen Xers
    Gen Y
    And finally......
    Millennials

Now, it seems that we have: Generation Cupcake

Narcissistic beyond words and offended by most everything.

Now..... Get Off My Lawn.

While we're talking about narcissists..."The Greatest Generation"? Lol!

Maybe "Greatest generation" should be called "The last generation to actually DO anything"... but they are almost all gone now anyway, so yeah, we're pretty much in trouble with Senior Boomers, Retiring Tweeners; GenX,Y,Millenial left to get it all done? All the while trying not to offend the cupcakes. OH we're *KITTEN* (FYI I'm included in this mess: I'm a GenX, just finishing raising a Millennial)

In the 1940's, the greatest generation of 19 and 20 year olds traveled to places called Guadalcanal, Omaha Beach, Iwo Jima & Kasserine Pass ..... just to name a few.

Generation Cupcake needs counseling for being offended by Halloween costumes deemed offensive on college campuses.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    I tend to go overboard with the comebacks but I'm actually gonna choose to be good.

We've had:

The greatest generation
    Baby boomers
    Tweeners
    Gen Xers
    Gen Y
    And finally......
    Millennials

Maybe "Greatest generation" should be called "The last generation to actually DO anything"... but they are almost all gone now anyway, so yeah, we're pretty much in trouble with Senior Boomers, Retiring Tweeners; GenX,Y,Millenial left to get it all done? All the while trying not to offend the cupcakes. OH we're *KITTEN* (FYI I'm included in this mess: I'm a GenX, just finishing raising a Millennial)

This is what every older generation thinks about every younger generation EVER

There is quite a bit of truth in this. There's also a lot of Generation Cupcake individuals that are spectacular people.
  • MsRuffBuffNStuff
    MsRuffBuffNStuff Posts: 363 Member
    Options

We've had:

The greatest generation
    Baby boomers
    Tweeners
    Gen Xers
    Gen Y
    And finally......
    Millennials

There is quite a bit of truth in this. There's also a lot of Generation Cupcake individuals that are spectacular people.

Is cupcake just a subset of Millennial or does it stand on its own? I see a lot of overlap lol

• Motorsheen
    edited October 2016
    Options

We've had:

The greatest generation
    Baby boomers
    Tweeners
    Gen Xers
    Gen Y
    And finally......
    Millennials

Is cupcake just a subset of Millennial or does it stand on its own? I see a lot of overlap lol

I see Generation Cupcake as a subset of Millennial.

The pussification of a generation. It's okay, they will grow up to someday scoff at younger generations themselves.
  • Coffeebeenz
    Coffeebeenz Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I think all the generational talk has merit. I also think the pussification (Motorsheen, 2016) has increased substantially in the past 10-12 years.
    I teach and its constant how much babyness just flows thru these kids. Technology has definitely sped up the process.

Tsk tsk... change the y to an i and add -ness. You must teach Math. :# Jk jk jk...Now don't get all butthurt about it, Teacher :p (nice work on the citation, though... I'll def give give you that.)
  • Coffeebeenz
    Options
    Oh boy, it's worse than I thought. Dude's a shop teacher. An adjunct shop teacher. -__-
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    IBS.... I be shi poop'n. Can not leave the house.
  • Coffeebeenz
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @Terpdad You're a SpEd teacher... orrrr the world's worst Spelling teacher (See I didnt need the clue--I'm borderline JEANYES ;) ).
  • Mrmiller0422
    Mrmiller0422 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Perfection Disorder. Its just sooooooo hard *polishes tiara*

Just kidding. I'll go with CCD mixed with a little SID. Coffee Consumption Disorder haunts my life, and Sunday Infatuation Disorder can be downright dehibilitating. Each week, Sunday becomes that special lover who I've found & now refuse to release. But Sunday's had it with my *kitten* and is on his way out the door after 24 hrs. I'll never be able to trust fall into Sunday.. never. :'(

Mine is learning
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    I think all the generational talk has merit. I also think the pussification (Motorsheen, 2016) has increased substantially in the past 10-12 years.
    I teach and its constant how much babyness just flows thru these kids. Technology has definitely sped up the process.

As an art teacher, I 100% agree with this. I haven't been teaching 10 years, but basically have been in a combination of studying to be a teacher and actually being one for the last 10, and I have noticed a decline in both a willingness to learn and respect in just that amount of time. Love my job, but some days I'm flabbergasted by behaviors.

No wonder we are crazy. We willingly go into the mouth of the beast, daily. Ahaha.
  • ItsRJTV
    ItsRJTV Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm agoraphobic and have social anxiety. I'm fortunate enough to only be stuck in a 5 mile radius which is pretty good considering some agoraphobics don't leave their houses. However I don't have many friends because of my issues. But mfp has me feeling not so lonely
  • tafregnolon
    tafregnolon Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Borderline personality disorder.
  • Former_chubby_momma
    Former_chubby_momma Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I always have had this thing I do that I recently learned is an actual named disorder...
    Trichotillomania :(
  • tafregnolon
    tafregnolon Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I always have had this thing I do that I recently learned is an actual named disorder...
    Trichotillomania :(

I have a small case of that. Mostly with my beard or eyebrows. Do it without realizing it sometimes.
  • 888Butterfly888
    888Butterfly888 Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Depression and vertigo is what prevents me from exercising.
This discussion has been closed.