DAMN YOU SCALE- Need honest answers.

Options
2»

Replies

• melissaka7
    melissaka7 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I honestly do typically TRY to weigh in once a week. And I mean TRY. The only reason I have been doing it every day is because I am so close to my first goal. I plan to go back to once a week if I can get myself to do it.

I get discourged occasionally, but because of people like you all & my support group on facebook & all my other friends I know not to give up!
  • JanetP124
    JanetP124 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    The number on my scale will change by 1/2 a lb or so if I try to put most of my weight back on my heels rather than balanced or up on my toes.

But yes, I think it is pretty obvious that my at home scale is not a scientifically exact weight down to the tenth of a pound. I look at it as more of a pretty good estimate that shows the trend over time.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    My question is WHY did it change so many times & how can I stop myself from doing this?? I know some people do weigh in every day. I will likely go back to once a week once I know for sure I'm at 165.

Please help me stop myself from going crazy!!
    Water retention, urine, and poop.

There's no way to stop the daily fluctuation, so I would focus on not obsessing over something that isn't going to change.
  • Sallybally55
    Sallybally55 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I also weigh myself every day and try my best not to freak out about it. I record my lowest weight for the week into MFP. I figure that you can have a misleading higher weight due to water weight, TOM, etc. But you can't really have a "false" low wight..

It works for me.