Exercise Calories

Options
I'm confused with the exercise calories, I exercise then it gives me more calories to consume each time I add my exercise, should I eat those extra calories, or if I chose not to will I lose more weight quicker.

Replies

• lailaammar6776
    lailaammar6776 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm having same problem how many calories are you eating how many are burning off??
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Do you think MFP would add them if it didn't intend for you to eat them? The program isn't trying to trick you. If you use MFP as intended you would eat back at least a portion of them.
  • lailaammar6776
    Options
    Ok thank you
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    It is the way MFP is designed...your target is your deficit based on what you told MFP your goals were...exercise is unaccounted for activity in your activity level...obviously, the more active you are, the more you can eat and accomplish the same goals.

Losing weight faster isn't always optimal...
  • lailaammar6776
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Yeah I understand that I'm trying to eat healthy way possible
  • georgia2034
    georgia2034 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My daily calories are 1360, the days I go to the gym I do 60 minutes of cardio/strength burn 400 calories when I input it into my diary I end up with 400 more calories to eat after I've already planned my entire daily menu, just don't want to eat more than I'm supposed to.. Obviously if I understood how to lose weight I wouldn't be here in the first place.