Extremely active and in need of gaining weight!

Options
gonzo2203
gonzo2203 Posts: 3 Member
I'm extremely active and have always been a petite person. I reached my goal weight which was 132 I lost it in a matter of months and went back town to 113 due to stress and the recent loss of a loved one. Now that I've had time to grieve and get my head out of my @ss so to speak I'm ready to get back to the norm. I've gotten set up on a meal plan have an exercise routine but the problem is EATING!! I can't seem to find the room for all these little meals not to mention snacks?.. Any one have any suggestions to increase appetite?

Replies

• SimonpWharmby
    SimonpWharmby Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I eat well and have a protein shake with fruit for snacks. I don't know if you can see my meals I've only just joined but with 3 meals and 2 snacks I'm well above my recommended targets. Eating the right balance of food types helps too. Good luck with it all, Simon
  • mikevfr
    mikevfr Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Smoothies are your friend. A good smoothie can pack 1k calories.

YouTube high calorie smoothies, bulking smoothies etc
  • steph2strong
    steph2strong Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I have your stats... 32 year old female 112 lbs, I'm 5'6, not sure what height you are. I'm also very active but in order to gain weight I've cut back on the cardio as much as I can (still doing some 4-7 mile runs, HITT cycling, rowing, but I used to do 8 miles running a day and about 8 miles of walking on top of that). With the reduced cardio I eat 2600-3000 cals a day and am gaining at about a rate of 0.25-0.5 lb per week. My magic weapon is peanut butter and shakes. PB is literally the easiest and least filling calorie dense thing to eat, I just have a spoonful or two with meals, or just on it's own. Just grab a jar, stick a spoon in, eat, done. Or bring along some PB sandwiches. I have a 500 calorie shake every night before going to bed. I also eat protein bars with meals. If you eat calorie dense food, you don't have to eat that much or that often.
  • robdowns1300
    robdowns1300 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Back off the cardio, get on a progressive weight training program with free weights. You'll eat.
  • gonzo2203
    gonzo2203 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!!
  • brizzlar
    brizzlar Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    gonzo2203 wrote: »
    I'm extremely active and have always been a petite person. I reached my goal weight which was 132 I lost it in a matter of months and went back town to 113 due to stress and the recent loss of a loved one. Now that I've had time to grieve and get my head out of my @ss so to speak I'm ready to get back to the norm. I've gotten set up on a meal plan have an exercise routine but the problem is EATING!! I can't seem to find the room for all these little meals not to mention snacks?.. Any one have any suggestions to increase appetite?

Eat oats - cheap, healthy and excellent for gaining. Look for a powdered option (in prayer.to add to a protein powder)if you find it hard to down porridge.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Calorie dense foods are great (peanut butter, ice cream, red meat).