Aqua Zumba results

Has anyone ever tried aqua Zumba? Did you get much weight loss/ toning? I'm going to start going twice a week for an hour in addition to a boot camp one hour a week and 30 mind daily cycle ( mon to fri) do you think this will be enough to lose if I also approach a healthy eating plan?

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,208 Member
    Weight loss only happens when people consume fewer calories than they burn (calorie deficit). Exercise adds to the calorie burning, but it's no guarantee of a calorie deficit and fat loss. Aqua Zumba probably burns a moderate amount of calories - i'd log is as "low impact aerobics".
    A good fitness plan includes full-body strength training, which it seems you're lacking in. Aqua Zumba shouldn't be considered strength training. I'd add a couple of full-body strength workouts per week (Body Pump, NROL4W, etc). :+1:
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    I did regular Aqua fit for my very first exercise and really benefited from it.

Because I had never worked out before, the resistance against the water did help strengthen my muscles, not build any new ones, and retain my existing muscles. It also helped with core stability and balance.

I logged it in the MFP exercise under water aerobics ( or something similar. There are 2 alternatives any will do) and found the burn estimate over by about 10%, if that.

If you are active, I agree, it will be just a cardio burn and some resistance work would be benificial.

A reasonable calorie deficit, eating whatever you want, just less, and exercising for the health benefits, eating back the calories you burn, should get you where you want to be.

Remember it is the calorie deficit, not the exercise, that has the most influence in weight loss.

Cheers, h.
  • LyndsayFalconer
    LyndsayFalconer Posts: 7 Member
    I've been trying to stick to 1400 cal a day