Preworkouts...OxyShred + Acetyl L-Carnitine

Options
Hey all .
Been using Oxyshred stacked with the Alcar by EHP Labs for the past couple months and have been really happy with results.
The thing is I live in the UK where it is not available so Ive been ordering it online which can be quite pricey seeing as it comes from Australia.
Is anyone farmiliar with this product enough to suggest a less expensive fat burner that is similar and is also available in England?

Replies

• kathrynjean_
    kathrynjean_ Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    The less expensive option is to use MFP to log your food and eat at a calorie deficit. Fat burning pills don't do anything.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    The less expensive option is to use MFP to log your food and eat at a calorie deficit. Fat burning pills don't do anything.

+1
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Save your money. Seriously. They are not good for your health!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I find a bicycle is a very effective fat burner, can be expensive though. :smiley:

You might want to read this about L-Carnitine....

"L-Carnitine is involved in energy metabolism and mitochondrial protection. It is made in the body, but can also be consumed through food. Supplementation of L-carnitine does not burn fat unless the individual is deficient in L-carnitine."

http://examine.com/supplements/L-Carnitine/
  • broseidonkingofbrocean
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    I find a bicycle is a very effective fat burner, can be expensive though. :smiley:

You might want to read this about L-Carnitine....

"L-Carnitine is involved in energy metabolism and mitochondrial protection. It is made in the body, but can also be consumed through food. Supplementation of L-carnitine does not burn fat unless the individual is deficient in L-carnitine."

http://examine.com/supplements/L-Carnitine/

Very good study on L-Carnatine. With most people being in a deficit I see it being likely that they may be deficient in L-carnatine. This supplement only really works when you are in a deficit and not to be taken in a surplus or maintenance. Again going back to the study, this was done on people and not animals such as rats. Put it simply L-carnatine does work and it doesn't revolve completely around the notion that it will make you lose extra weight. It has numerous beneficial effects on you that I feel can aid you. The question arises if you actually NEED L-carnatine and as much as I personally love it... I will have to say no and it's the same with any supplement. If its something you can afford to spend the cash on by all means do it but if its hurting your pocket then don't. Myprotein.com sells Acetyl L-carnatine for pretty cheap and they ship to uk for free? Don't quote me on that tho.

• melbentley87
    melbentley87 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Cheers all... The thing is because of my job Im on my feet for 10hours a day,so I need the pick me up from a preworkout...My diet is allready good,always has been. I just want to lean out more .Guess I'll just stick to my Oxy then. ☺
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Cheers all... The thing is because of my job Im on my feet for 10hours a day,so I need the pick me up from a preworkout...My diet is allready good,always has been. I just want to lean out more .Guess I'll just stick to my Oxy then. ☺

Why not just get some caffeine? Oxyshred is pretty much caffeine package with b vitamins and other stuff that hasn't been proven to be successful.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Coffee works for me.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Coffee works for me.

Yep
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Cup of coffee or a redbull
  • AnnaMorgan84
    AnnaMorgan84 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Define 8 and Pyro are good stacks to have with ALCAR aswell if u wanna change it up