New to 16/8

Options
Hi all,
I'm Ellie and am trying to lose the baby weight. I was following 5:2 but found it hard just having 500cals on fast day so I have looked up 16/8 and this sounds more like something I'd like to try as I'm not really a breakfast person anyway so figured I could fast from 8.30pm - 12.30pm. Has anyone found good results doing this plan and is it ok to have coffee in the mornings with 2 canderal and skimmed milk or is that breaking the fast?

Thanks all xxxx

Replies

• elliebear2012
    elliebear2012 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Just reposting x
  • jcolier
    jcolier Posts: 64
    Options
    I love doing Intermittent fasting. It's the only way that has worked for me to lose fat. I only eat from 6-10 at night. I feel much better during the day, and still have plenty of energy for a good workout at noon. Good luck!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    It dropped my bodyfat very efficiently.
    I eat my food usually between 8pm and 2am but I do not stress if there are days when I cannot stick to this due to extreme hunger. I do a lot of cardio as well as strength which can make it harder.
  • mskeith2
    mskeith2 Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi all,
    I'm Ellie and am trying to lose the baby weight. I was following 5:2 but found it hard just having 500cals on fast day so I have looked up 16/8 and this sounds more like something I'd like to try as I'm not really a breakfast person anyway so figured I could fast from 8.30pm - 12.30pm. Has anyone found good results doing this plan and is it ok to have coffee in the mornings with 2 canderal and skimmed milk or is that breaking the fast?

Thanks all xxxx

I am looking at trying this diet too but I CANNOT cut out my morning coffee! I too was wondering whether coffee with a small amount of skimmed milk and an equal would be ok?
  • elliebear2012
    elliebear2012 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies, well first 8hr window yesterday I didn't manage to eat all my calories I've set myself 1500 . Is that ok as when I checked my online calories it says Your BMR is: 1418 / Your TDEE is: 2199 calories. I managed about 1350 cals ish yesterday. I'm not planning on counting calories all the time but I just wanted to get a idea what amount I was eating.

Also would having sweetener and a dash of skimmed milk in the morning break the fast?
    Thanks all Ellie xx