My How TIme Flies By

When your not in the game .......

Names Ray. I have been a member here for a good while but never used the site. A little info on me and my journey.

My issues started years back. I quit smoking 3+packs of smokes a day and went rapidly from 229 pounds to 282 pounds in a shade under 5 months. I carried that weight for 2 years. Then I started drinking loads of water and walking everywhere and on ly eating once per day and the food of choice was not good. Soon, my skin was looking nasty, my hair was falling out, my finger and toe nails were lifting off of me. I was in trouble. I was having heart issues and all.

After just 4 months of this activity, I was down to 220 pounds.

Fast forward to the last 10 years, I got with a lady and married her. I quickly went from the 220 or so that I was up to 300. Man it can't get any worse. WRONG! 330 set in, then 350 for a few years. I held steady. Then one day I went to dr and I was up over 370 then 380 and to my heaviest 397 in January of this year.

I got in to a battle with my A1C and it shot up to a 9.1 At the risk of going on insulin, it was back to eating once a day for me. I am now at 366 pounds. Meanwhile my sugars that I had under control and dropped A1C back to a 6.1, are now out of control running between 500 and 215 at its lowest.

Went to doc a few days ago and he said I am in what is called adaptive thermogenesis starvation? My body is eating up muscle mass that I know of and releasing steroids in my blood stream?? My heart is ok so far as I know. I had a circulation test run and I got good flow. My bad cholesterol is not bad at all but my good cholesterol is extremely low. I also have non alcohol fatty liver disease.

Tomorrow I get to go to the dr and get my first ever, sadly enough (take my man card I'm going to cry), of insulin. If not tomorrow, it will be Tuesday 100%

So here I sit and I just got back on this site. I completed my first day calorie count and exercise log.

Anyone reading this, please don't be me. Quick and fast is not the way to go. Do it right. If you can't figure it out, you need a dietician. I am hopefully going back to the lady I was seeing soon to get back on track. Weight loss is awesome but dangerous if not done right. I am a walking example.

Take care everyone and get fit!