Hippies need friends, too!!!

Options
Hey everybody!!! Been here for quite awhile but up and down on the scale and with my eating habits. I have some really awesome friends already but am looking to build my support system!!
I'm a hippie type chick (no, I'm not a vegetarian or anything like that) but well, my profile explains it best:
I reject established institutions and values and seek spontaneity, direct personal relations expressing love, and expanded consciousness, often expressed externally in the wearing of casual, folksy clothing and of beads, headbands, used garments, etc.
ie:hippie
I gotta lot of love!!!! (oh and if you ARE a vegetarian, AWESOME!!!)
Anywho, that's me...........tell me about you!
And if you wanna be friends, shoot me a request!!!!
Thanks for looking!!
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I love me some of dem hippies! I mean, hippie friends. :happy:

I send you a request! ^^
  • Hippie_Soul
    Hippie_Soul Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! LOL!! Thanks!!
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I like to think I'm at least part-hippie! While on vacation last week, I was envying a woman's long dreadlocks... I don't have the guts to do it, but she was awesome!

I log everything I eat, try to exercise 30-45 mins/day & my diary is open. I'm losing a steady 2#/week, but I still have a long way to go. Been vegetarian for 3 1/2 years, btw!
  • lemonmon1
    lemonmon1 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Why not veg? Peace, love, non-violence! :)
  • Hippie_Soul
    Options
    I like to think I'm at least part-hippie! While on vacation last week, I was envying a woman's long dreadlocks... I don't have the guts to do it, but she was awesome!

I log everything I eat, try to exercise 30-45 mins/day & my diary is open. I'm losing a steady 2#/week, but I still have a long way to go. Been vegetarian for 3 1/2 years, btw!

That's awesome!! I've had dreads a couple of times!
    That is wonderful about being a vegetarian! Maybe I can get some good, healthy recipes from you!!
  • Hippie_Soul
    Options
    Why not veg? Peace, love, non-violence! :)

I really do love to eat meat. Try to eat more chicken and seafood, but a steak about once a month is yummy!
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. I am a whatever dude type. Task and goal oriented. I drive my family nuts. I think they should be more accepting of my quirks but they aren't so I am working on accepting their non acceptance. And secretly plotting to get them to be more goal oriented. Err not so secretly.
  • Hippie_Soul
    Options
    That's awesome. I am a whatever dude type. Task and goal oriented. I drive my family nuts. I think they should be more accepting of my quirks but they aren't so I am working on accepting their non acceptance. And secretly plotting to get them to be more goal oriented. Err not so secretly.

Haha!! I love ya already!! Sounds EXACTLY like my family!!!
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Well I am located in Eugene, Oregon home of the Grateful Dead, Oregon Country Fair and hippie die-hards. I just want to compliment your hair.
  • siuan87
    siuan87 Posts: 10
    Options
    Friend request sent. I think we would get along. I am just starting out with MFP, but am already finding the community aspect motivational.

Aside from health goals of find the idea of being a vegetarian appealing but not practical for me currently and I do enjoy meat. At the moment I buy local and organic when I can, frequenting farmers markets and road side stands.

I wouldn't call myself a hippie exactly, but I do live on a west coast island where the 'hippie'spirit is alive and well.
  • Faery_Dust
    Faery_Dust Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I guess I could be considered hippy lol. I seem to spend my life at festivals, camping at the full moon with friends. I'm a practising witch but guess my lifestyle is hippy-ish lol. Feel free to add me :)
  • pjp1125
    pjp1125 Posts: 313
    Options
    I am an ex-hippie (but kept some of my hippie tendencies) . Please feel free to add me!
  • Hippie_Soul
    Options
    Well I am located in Eugene, Oregon home of the Grateful Dead, Oregon Country Fair and hippie die-hards. I just want to compliment your hair.

Fantabulous!! Thank you!! :happy:
  • Hippie_Soul
    Options
    Friend request sent. I think we would get along. I am just starting out with MFP, but am already finding the community aspect motivational.

Aside from health goals of find the idea of being a vegetarian appealing but not practical for me currently and I do enjoy meat. At the moment I buy local and organic when I can, frequenting farmers markets and road side stands.

I wouldn't call myself a hippie exactly, but I do live on a west coast island where the 'hippie'spirit is alive and well.

Thanks! I try not to get on many message boards...those things can get crazy, but I do adore my friends and try to be as supportive as I can!
    Also, I'm trying to learn more about buying local and organic! I think it's fantastic to be able support our local farmers!
    West SIDE!!!! LOL!! My family would love to relocate out west....when the time is right!
  • Hippie_Soul
    Options
    I guess I could be considered hippy lol. I seem to spend my life at festivals, camping at the full moon with friends. I'm a practising witch but guess my lifestyle is hippy-ish lol. Feel free to add me :)

THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • Hippie_Soul
    Options
    I am an ex-hippie (but kept some of my hippie tendencies) . Please feel free to add me!

Cool! Thanks!
  • phyllisbobbitt
    phyllisbobbitt Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: i like that laid back feeling! i am sending you a friend request!
  • 58Rock
    58Rock Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    A meat-eating hippie. I like it.
  • raneylfrick
    raneylfrick Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I personally just see myself as ME, but my friends have called me a hippie for the last 10 years...dunno really. I'm sending you a friend request now!!