Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Reunion has come and gone, now what?

rymattsmom
rymattsmom Posts: 369 Member
edited September 21 in Motivation and Support
So, my goal for losing wt was my 20 yr hs reunion last weekend, that has come and gone.

right now i am in a rut, i tried to lose a lot of weight for my 20yr hs reunion that was last sat, since last sat i have been in a full blown out depression, it was like everything i worked for came and left. i have not worked out and did not track for about 5 days (i am back though) right now i am trying to figure myself out, and why i am feeling the way i am feeling. i have lost my mojo-sorta speak. i want it back, b/c i have more wt to lose, and i gained back 2.2lbs over the past week.
help me!

i want this to be a lifestyle change, not done solely to look good for my reunion last weekend.
on thing that does help is watching the biggest loser or or the new jillian michaels show losing it, as its inspiring to me and i need that to help me go forward.

Replies

• kvoelz1
    kvoelz1 Posts: 15 Member
    I can relate! I recently got to my weight watchers goal weight and am maintaining it...I don't know how with the way I've been eating lately. My exercise goal was to run a half marathon, which I did at the end of May. Now I feel sort of lost/depressed both diet and exercise wise. Just not motivated. I will cheer you on if you cheer me on! My family joined a CSA (farm that we get food delivered from) which has helped me up my veggies, but I feel I have to do that b/c we paid for the subscription, not b/c I really want to.
  • pniana
    pniana Posts: 254 Member
    Set a new goal! Plan an event if you have to but find something coming up that you want to look good for. Even if it is a big night out with hubby in a new dress. Plan it 3 months down the road, by the dress, make the reservations, put the wheels in motion and go for it. Or, it is summer, do you have a vacation coming up that you want to get into a bikini for? Make that your new goal. you need to put those carrots out there to reach for! Good job on your accomplishment and good luck on your next one!
  • I looked at your picture and I think you look fantastic! I think the depression is normal, it is like planning for a wedding or a race...
    you plan and are excited for so long and then in an instant..it is over. You do look great, you have lost a lot of weight and don't beat yourself up after a week of a 'break'. Kick back in this weekend, pick good choices at the picnics, have a 'little' of the BAD stuff. You will do great!
    I love Jillian also..I missed the last 2 episodes but will watch on demand next week!
  • candican
    candican Posts: 96
    I totally get it. I say set a new fitness goal for yourself and reward yourself with something new! For instance, instead of just losing weight maybe you can set a goal to tone up a lot, or something like that!
  • rymattsmom
    rymattsmom Posts: 369 Member
    thank you soo much guys.

i guess it is normal to get depressed after you have worked soo hard and that goal/event has come and gone. i just need to get thru the rest of the weekend and move on with it. hopefully i will.

i guess i am soooooooo scared, as about 7 yrs ago i lost tons of wt on weight watchers and going to the gym, then after i got there, months later the wt krept back on, and hence, here i am. sooo scared i will fall back into that. i mean, i did not lose the wt solely for the reunion itself, it was just my target date and now that it has come and gone (and i am not even at my target wt, about 5 more to my initial goal, but would like to go down another 15 total) and now feel like i do need something to look good for. i guess it does not help that i am in my sister' wedding in the fall and am still going to be wearing a size 16 dress after losing nearly 30lbs and nearly in the 140's j-crew just sucks to me right now! sizes can just be plain depressing to look at. i guess as long as i know deep down how far i have come i will be ok.

keep the comments coming, as i am sure others out there are feeling the same depression i am right now!

helping eachother is sooo helpful.
  • bsparks81
    bsparks81 Posts: 29
    I agree with the set new goals. And maybe for you do something that would help you see how far you have come. My husband is in the military and I watch him work so hard to get ready for a pt test. It is really inspiring (I mean he really works for it 10 miles runs at least 3-4 times a week and the other days he runs a mile and a half as fast as he can push himself, 100 sit ups a day pushed up to 200 towards the end, and 100-200 push ups)! They now test every 6 months and his goal for his next pt test? Max out (get maximum points) his sit ups and increase his push ups and drop time off his mile and a half. Maybe we should all do something similar when we reach our "goal" the 6 months later do our own sort of pt test and see if we can up our weight when lifting or run a little bit further or something like that. Just an idea. :happy:
This discussion has been closed.