i cant log my exercises

Options
Weight lifting and cardio at the gym is most of my daily exercise and myfitnesspal always shows no results when searching up different things. How can i accurately track my goals if i cant log my exercises?

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    You can log strength training under cardio, there's generic entries. As for cardio, it depends on what you do, what are you searching for?
  • josh_lyke
    josh_lyke Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    @JenMc14 just different weight lifting things like close grip press,skullcrushers etc
    and couldn't figure out how to log a mile on treadmill
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Log your strength under cardio in the generic category, not under strength. For the treadmill, you'll have to pick the speed under Treadmill, then put in the time.
  • josh_lyke
    josh_lyke Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks im new to this lol
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Search for only the first three or four letters of a key word to get a list of potential matches. If there are too many letters in your search, the search algorithm will not return any matches.

For Cardiovascular activities, in general search for the action verbs, such as walk, run, climb, step, train, lift, mow, shovel, garden, clean. A noted exception is the generic activity for body weight training, which is "calisthenics." The Cardiovascular activities will give you an estimate of Calories burned per minute of activity.

For Strength Training activities, in general search for action verbs such as dip, lift, curl, raise, seated, standing; or the body part, such as abdominal, chest, back, leg, arm, bicep. The Strength Training database will not provide an estimate for Calories, it is only a basic log of sets/reps/weights. Note: you must start a new search for Strength Training activities each time, because for some strange reason any following search will try to search the Cardiovascular activities and not find any matching Strength Training activities.