What do you do when you are not motivated to work out & lose weight...

Options
2»

Replies

• Eleted
    Eleted Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    This couldn't have been a better thread to read today. I too felt very discouraged as of late! Motivation was lacking and I was regaining some of the weight.
    There is some rock solid stellar advice here. I am going to take some pics of some of the advice above so I can look at it often! The MFP community is invaluable. You guys are the best!! Thank you! ONE DAY AT A TIME.
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Lag & gain back 7Kg, yet seem to have lost the drive to lose weight?
    Lost 16 Kg in more than a year. Stopped working out & gained 7 Kg in 2 months! Got back to the gym, but I lost the drive! :( (Sniff)

I wouldn't use the gym to lose weight. My plan right now is to lose 30lbs before I get back to the gym. I walk about 3 miles every other day or so and am on a very low carb lifestyle. I've knocked off about 14lbs in about 3 weeks, and it's a very lazy sort of process, but I wanted to make sure that what I was doing in the kitchen was getting me the results before I started flailing my arms back in the gym. I've been under stress as well, so I know my body is releasing cortisol to stall my progress even further, but my current way of eating seems to have even broken through that (so awesome!). Keep it simple. If it seems too complex, then it probably is. High Fat. Moderate Protein. Low Carb. There's no need for magic when you've got science. Good luck on your journey! - The lazy low-carb guy
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Motivation, Shmotivation!

I don't LIKE doing the laundry, or cleaning the bathroom - but I do those things because they are just things in life that you have to do.

I get up every morning, I put on my workout clothes, and I go to the gym.

To distract myself from the fact that I am sweating, and aching, I read a trashy novel on my tablet while I pump my legs on the elliptical machine.

I know that if I fail to get up and move, every single day, I will sink into the couch - never to rise again. For me, it's not even about losing weight, although that is a side benefit... I do it because if I don't, I will pay in pain, later.

Old Age ain't for Sissies!

It's Nike time, people.

Just DO it.
  • BecomeBetterThanMyYesterMe
    Options
    Thanks everyone.
    3 days in. Exercising lesser than usual, but I'm doing something.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!