PPL, upper/lower, bro split...etc

Options
whats your favorite workout split. List your goals and the program you prefer for that goal!

Replies

• josh_lyke
    josh_lyke Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    buff dudes 12 week program 3rd edition...goal is cutting
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I've always been a fan of an Upper/Lower splits (I do my own programming) My goals are strength and aesthetics.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I like 3 day full body routines, but I was a big fan of PHUL, too.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Right now I prefer upper/lower splits 4x/wk. I like full body programs okay except I feel like I end up doing more warmup sets on those so they take more time. Goals right now are muscle and strength.
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    Wendler 531 which is basically upper/lower 4x/wk.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm doing kind of a bro split right now, but kind of running my own programming that's similar to phat by layne. Kinda like a "powerbuilding" routine. 5 days a week split with the big compounds lifts focusing on strength and then followed by hypertrophy work
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options

I've had my best success (and enjoyment) from doing this and slightly modified versions (keeping to the basics of the program still). You're hitting everything 2x a week which is great for strength and size.
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    DopeItUp wrote: »

I've had my best success (and enjoyment) from doing this and slightly modified versions (keeping to the basics of the program still). You're hitting everything 2x a week which is great for strength and size.

Yep, I enjoy the program quite a bit. Currently on cycle 15. I've got more cycles under my belt on 531 but used to restart the numbering if I switched programs. Stopped doing that as it was getting a bit confusing explaining what my experience was with the program. Usually switch programs 1 or 2 times a year for 4-6 weeks then go right back into 531.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    6 day bro-split currently.
  • Sarah_Shapes_Up
    Sarah_Shapes_Up Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing an upper/lower split 5x a week (2 uppers, 3 lowers). My goals are to lean out a bit while keeping strength. I'm thinking of changing it up soon though because I'm getting a little bored and I need to fix something due to lower back pain from squats and deadlifts.
  • DeadliftsandDonuts
    DeadliftsandDonuts Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm on my 4th round of Layne Norton's PH3 Trainer, excluding BFR since I don't have BFR bands or workout time to include the BFR sets. It's 5 workouts per week in which you squat and bench 3x per week and deadlift 2x per week. Strength/hypertrophy assistance exercises are included after the big lifts in 4 of the workouts.

My goals are to bulk up and get stronger for a powerlifting meet in January.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Upper/lower bastardized of Welder 7x/wk. Strength with slowing down joint disease.