October 17-24 Weekly Food and Exercise Challenge Group

Options
bettyearl
bettyearl Posts: 13 Member
Pleas join me for this week's food and exercise challenge group! We keep it simple here.

Each day, we'll have a SHOW & TELL! Post the following:
- One healthy snack or meal you're eating today. Take a picture and share it!
- What exercise(s) you did. Aim for at least 30 minutes, but do what is best for your personal fitness level. If your fitness plan calls for a REST day, that's fine. Just say so.
- Report if you logged your food and exercise for the day.
- Drink lots of water! As an example, and not a rule: From WebMd “In general, you should try to drink between half an ounce and an ounce of water for each pound you weigh, every day.” For example, if you weigh 150 pounds, that would be 75 to 150 ounces of water a day.

AND, you choose another goal (fitness or something entirely else) to report on:
- Personal challenge accountability - Did you do what you said you wanted to do?

On MONDAY:
*Introduce yourself and tell us your personal accountability goal for the week.
*Measure your waist, hips, arm and leg in predictable places that you choose. If you need a tape measure you can print one out if you have to by doing a google search for printable tape measure. Record these measurements here/in a safe place. If you would like, post a picture, but do please take one for your own records. You may not see a difference in just a week, but if you keep up with it you will see a difference in time and you'll be happy you took those first pictures.
*Weigh yourself and record it here/in a safe place.
*Do your Show & Tell

On TUESDAY - SATURDAY
* Do your Show & Tell
* Remember to Interact and be friendly! Support each other!

In addition, On SATURDAY
* Weigh & Measure and Photograph yourself the way you did on Monday and share how you did. Post specifics if you would like to and it is motivating to you. Give yourself up to 4 points each day - one for each day's Show & Tell item.

Two rules:
1. Be nice
2. Don't use this as a place to find clients/customers for whatever it is you do/sell.

This weekly group is and always will be 100% FREE. I have no hidden agenda.

Replies

• AshleyNicole8686
    AshleyNicole8686 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    How do you join?
  • bettyearl
    Options
    To Join just comment here and get started! To Show & Tell just post in the comment thread with your daily stuff. :)
  • LKjourney
    LKjourney Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm going to bite the bullet and post first because I need motivation like this to stay consistent...

*My goals for this week are to stay away from fatty/junk foods and focus on eating whole meals instead of snacking on the naughty stuff.

*My measurements:
    waist - 30in
    hips - 42.5in
    arm/bicep - 12in
    legs - 25in

*Total body weight:

*Show and tell:
    - A healthy snack I had today was a bowl of Kashi granola which was pretty high in protein and fiber. I don't know how to put pics on here but I'm making a healthy burrito bowl for dinner
    - I did some light cardio today around 30 minutes of jump roping
    - I did log today as well. Yay!
    - Working on the H2O... So far I've only drank 26oz

Whew! Okay, hope I did this right. Kind of embarrassed about my measurements but hey, no pain no gain right?
    See y'all tomorrow!
  • brendastormy15
    brendastormy15 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to it
  • bettyearl
    Options
    Yay! Thanks for joining me!

I'm 35 and trying to get into great shape. I'm in okay shape but I feel like I have more in me and I'm working toward testing for high green belt in a couple weeks for Taekwon-do and want to be really focused on my fitness and eating good foods.

So many years of pregnancy and nursing really takes it out of you. On my birthday over the summer I realized I was up to my highest weight ever, including pregnancy and had to put my foot down and say enough. For a birthday present to myself I got an activity tracker and decided I'd avoid any sugar and simple carbs unless it was a special occasion. I've come down about 11 lbs since then and am feeling better, my pants are fitting better and I'm happier. I'm not sure how much I'll be able to lose on the scale but I'm going to give it my best effort while still being healthy. I won't eat less than 1200 Kcal/day and I'm going to try and exercise 6/7 days.

Beginning of Week 1 measurements:
    Weight - 149
    Waist - 29.75
    Hips - 37.25
    Butt -40.5
    Arm - 11.5
    Mid Thigh - 20.5

My personal goal is to write in my journal each day this week, even if it's just a few lines.

Show and Tell -
    Healthy meal: I had a Vega essentials protein powder shake made with vanilla unsweetened almond milk and 2 c kale.
    Exercise: I went rock climbing with my family tonight - fun and the second time I've tried it; and did some taekwondo in the morning.
    Water: I did well today
    Logging: Did good until dinner time. I'll catch up before I go to bed
    Personal Goal: Yes!
  • bettyearl
    Options
    Happy Tuesday! Feel free to join in if you're just finding the group.

If you're up to it, an extra challenge for today is to do a fitness test of some sort to help you see progress. If you've never done one, consider something like this: http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/fitness_articles.asp?id=1112
  • bettyearl
    Options
    Or if you want a super duper exhaustive list of different fitness tests, here's the link for you. http://www.topendsports.com/testing/tests/
  • LKjourney
    Options
    Hello again!
    Today was pretty hectic for me so I didnt get to this as early as I wanted...

Today my healthy snack was the same granola as yesterday but I added some dried berries and almonds to make a quick trail mix. I also had the tiniest baby tangerine that was almost too cute to eat!
    - I missed my Pilate's class but I took a different class that focused on body weight exercises and squeezing the muscles. I forget the name but it was actually pretty okay
    - My logging today was sporadic but I logged everything
    - Water intake was so so. Still working on that!
    - I stuck to my personal goal today and ate an actual meal when I was tempted to skip it and snack on junk lying around instead

Skipping the fitness test as I'm so tired but this is fun and I hope more people join!!!
  • bettyearl
    Options
    Way to Go!! I'm super glad YOU'RE joining me! :) I bet more people will as time goes on.

- Water was good today
    - I had my taekwondo class tonight which is a big burner so I was super hungry when I got home and caved and had nachos with salsa. Not like super horrible, but still. I also caved and ate two cupcakes at lunchtime. Leftovers are the worst.
    - My personal goal I did! yay!
    - And logging did not go well today. It is so much less exciting to log a bad day than a good day, am I right?

I also skipped the fitness test.
  • NewGemini130
    NewGemini130 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies- I'm late to the party but hopefully I can still join you gals. My weight today is 194 (same as Monday), and I'm in the middle of a big weight loss journey.

Today my healthy snacks have been fruit! Berries, pear, banana, apple. I walked 45 minutes this morning. I'm in the middle of getting my water consumption but didn't realize I needed that much! Just had another pint after reading the ounces suggestion above.

My personal goal today like every day for the past few months has been logging everything and walking every day; so I've met that goal for today. I already logged my dinner even though I haven't eaten it yet! I also had an afternoon nap which was a bonus :)
  • bettyearl
    Options
    Hooray, thanks for joining Gemini! If you know anybody else on My Fitness Pal, please invite them to join us :) The more the merrier.
  • 33bbcc33
    33bbcc33 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I want to join too! My goal for this week is to work off the extra calories I ate yesterday. I'm gonna round it up to 200 that I need to burn. Hopefully I don't overeat more!! Today I had some tuna and eggs for breakfast haha. I need that protein. I workout at night so today I want to do upper body and some cardio. I don't log my exercise. I wonder if I should start. I'll try to take a pic of the water jar I drink out of and my healthy meal tomorrow.

I'm not allowing myself to weigh myself until the 1st of November. It gives me more motivation than going on the scale everyday. The last time I weighed myself I was 136.6

My measurements are
    Biggest area of thigh: 23
    Waist: 27
    Arms: I still have to measure these. I measured my waist and thigh yesterday. These are what I want to focus on/most important.
  • LKjourney
    Options
    Hey guys! So exciting to see some newbies here!!

- A healthy snack I had today was a vegetable quinoa and grain mix. It tasted great and I'm looking forward to eating it again tomorrow lol
    - I tried jump roping again today but I can't seem to learn how to skip properly so it was pretty frustrating I refuse to count it as a workout even though I was sweating bullets lol
    - I logged all my food today!
    - Water intake was the same. I need a physical reminder because I keep on forgetting to drink!
    - I did well with my personal goal today, I actually was grazing on some pretzels right before dinner but I caught myself before I ruined my appetite..... or finished the entire bag
  • 33bbcc33
    Options
    I'm supposed to jump rope for 2 minutes on my upper body days. The rope at my gym is made out of this weird material and I get all tangled! I just run on the treadmill before doing my arms instead haha.

And I got chocolate covered pretzel thins the other day. Thinking it'd be a nice healthy snack. I just kept on weighing (on my food scale) and eating. Weighing and eating lol. It was sooo addicting!! Making sure not to get those again lol
  • bettyearl
    Options
    lolakraven wrote: »
    Hey guys! So exciting to see some newbies here!!

- A healthy snack I had today was a vegetable quinoa and grain mix. It tasted great and I'm looking forward to eating it again tomorrow lol
    - I tried jump roping again today but I can't seem to learn how to skip properly so it was pretty frustrating I refuse to count it as a workout even though I was sweating bullets lol
    - I logged all my food today!
    - Water intake was the same. I need a physical reminder because I keep on forgetting to drink!
    - I did well with my personal goal today, I actually was grazing on some pretzels right before dinner but I caught myself before I ruined my appetite..... or finished the entire bag

Oh my gosh Lolakraven, I can totally relate to not-in-middle-school-anymore jump rope problems! Seriously it used to be so easy, but now I'm all proud if I get 10 in a row, ha ha!

With my water I have this cup (also a water bottle if I'm running around) that I know I have to fill to the brim 3 times to get my water. That really helps me because I can count to 3, but not 9 or ten. :)

33bbcc33 wrote: »
    I'm supposed to jump rope for 2 minutes on my upper body days. The rope at my gym is made out of this weird material and I get all tangled! I just run on the treadmill before doing my arms instead haha.

And I got chocolate covered pretzel thins the other day. Thinking it'd be a nice healthy snack. I just kept on weighing (on my food scale) and eating. Weighing and eating lol. It was sooo addicting!! Making sure not to get those again lol

Welcome 33bbcc33! I'm so glad you joined! Chocolate covered pretzel thins would be very hard to resist for me...
    I think it's a good idea to not weigh super often. I get depressed when I do because my weight goes up and down a lot depending on the day or if I'm retaining water/feel bloated etc.

And for my show & Tell:
    -Healthy snack was a green smoothie that I put WAY too much potassium supplement in. Icky! I mean, it wasn't more than I'm supposed to have but I'm new to it and didn't realize I should split it up over the course of the day.
    - I totally didn't log today and probably won't. Went out to eat with my husband and then to a school function for a child where they fed us and it was not a pretty picture.
    - water was good - actually still managed that
    - Personal goal also complete
    - Exercise is right now - doing practice for taekwondo

• 33bbcc33
    Options
  • 33bbcc33
    Options
    My first pic was mixed veggies and tuna for breakfast. Not a very pretty setup lol but I thought it was pretty healthy.

That's the jar I drink water out of. It used to be a peanut butter jar. It's pretty big haha and I try to drink two when I'm home. One in the morn and one at night. Then drink water bottles at work.

And the last pic's my grocery's I got tonight! I was pretty happy I chose mostly healthy options. The egg nog I can't help!! Especially during the holidays. I hope the almond milk one at least tastes good with less calories.

Today's a much needed rest day! I might do some yoga stretches to get some kinks out my back.
  • bettyearl
    Options
    33bbcc33 wrote: »
    My first pic was mixed veggies and tuna for breakfast. Not a very pretty setup lol but I thought it was pretty healthy.

That's the jar I drink water out of. It used to be a peanut butter jar. It's pretty big haha and I try to drink two when I'm home. One in the morn and one at night. Then drink water bottles at work.

And the last pic's my grocery's I got tonight! I was pretty happy I chose mostly healthy options. The egg nog I can't help!! Especially during the holidays. I hope the almond milk one at least tastes good with less calories.

Today's a much needed rest day! I might do some yoga stretches to get some kinks out my back.

What a cute little shopping cart! Man, mine is like overloaded with huge amounts of groceries because we have a big family. I feed them as healthily as I can, but most of them need fattening up, unlike myself! So we do lots of whole milk, butter and nuts, etc.

-Water was like 2/3 today.
    -Exercise was Taekwondo
    -I did my personal goal
    -totally flopped at logging because I was working and on the go during the day and then had a couple different activities tonight.
    -Healthy lunch of a green smoothie which I made ahead of time and took in a cooler so I wouldn't be tempted to eat out.
  • 33bbcc33
    Options
    Nuts are my weakness! So many calories in just a handful. Before I was calorie counting I used to shovel them in my mouth with no care. Cashews and peanuts especially. So delicious!!

It's so good and important to bring snacks on the go. I have snacks in my purse, my car, my desk, everywhere! In case of "emergencies" lol

Do you have MyFitnessPal on your phone? I feel anxious if I don't log my food right away.

Also I burned off my extra calories. Today I was very tempted to weigh myself as my job had a scale in the bathroom but I avoided it yay! And there was cake for a coworkers bday and I didn't have a single slice! That was very hard!
  • bettyearl
    Options
    So not exactly low Calorie, but definitely healthy. No cheese, 2 egg omelet with lots of veggies and lean turkey. 2ysc8etbe0nc.jpeg
    uqk9n8rt867o.jpeg