Feet pain while running

Options
When I run or walk fast, within minutes I get a sharp pain in the arch of my feet. It stops when I start walking slowly and only occurs while running. I don't have foot pain after or any soreness.
It's like my archs get hard as a rock.

I tried prescribed orthopedic insoles but nothing changed.
My feet are not straight, I walk in this shape. \ /

Anyone experienced this?
From what I read online, it could be Plantar Fasciitis but I don't have any pain beside while running.

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    TinyJimbo wrote: »
    I tried prescribed orthopedic insoles but nothing changed.

You really should tell whoever prescribed the insoles.

Generic advice would be to stretch your arches hourly, roll them over a golf ball daily, and to go barefoot more or wear sandals, if that doesn't hurt. :+1:
  • fattothinmum
    fattothinmum Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    What shoes do you wear to run? I used to have PF. I couldn't have run much then. I just walked until my feet healed, but I had pain 24/7, not just running.

Check your shoes are appropriate for running and fitted for you. Inserts are useful if they're in the right shoes.

How fast you run can make a difference too, as PF heals, if that's what it is. Slow and steady, and I mean sllloooooooow, to build up strength gradually, if your doctor advises running as a hobby.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    What did your podiatrist say after you told her or him that the issues continued after being prescribed the insoles?