one week shred jillian michaels

Options
does anyone wanna try this with me? I am starting today! or has anyone has results from this?

Replies

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    In 1 week you will drop some water weight which will return when you stop the program. Nothing worthwhile can be achieved in a week.
  • myaminals
    myaminals Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    i thought the two work outs a day would help me if I can keep it up a few weeks. also should you eat back your exercise calories? no doctor said she does not recommend it. I thought if your net calories was under 1200 you should eat some back?
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I don't get it, why not just do the 30 days?
  • myaminals
    Options
    some of the exercises are different and hurt my arm more I have a nerve problem in my arm. and the week one came in a box set but not 30 days
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Jeez negativity. Dude if you want to step up your workout for a week, you go for it! It will aid your deficit as you are working out twice a week, you won't build any muscle in that time but if you have an event, it may help you drop a little water to feel great that night! I've done that dvd a few times I use it when I've lost my way with my workouts and need to kick my own *kitten* to get back into it. Enjoy!!
  • myaminals
    Options
    ARGriffy wrote: »
    Jeez negativity. Dude if you want to step up your workout for a week, you go for it! It will aid your deficit as you are working out twice a week, you won't build any muscle in that time but if you have an event, it may help you drop a little water to feel great that night! I've done that dvd a few times I use it when I've lost my way with my workouts and need to kick my own *kitten* to get back into it. Enjoy!!

Thank you! You look like you are in great shape! I will try to work up to that!
  • DanerTee
    DanerTee Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I didn't know there was a one week shred! I'm on day 8 of the 30 day shred. It is kicking my butt enough! Ha!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    amfmmama wrote: »

The one week shred is a different DVD than the 30ds.

OP, I've done it. It's nice and challenging. You won't see much difference in a week apart from endurance and fluid retention in the muscles. Perhaps some all over water weight loss if you are in a deficit. A calorie deficit is for weight loss.
  • lazysquirrell
    lazysquirrell Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have just started a thread on the 30 day Jillian shred. Wanna make it 30 with me? :)
  • katiehepp1
    katiehepp1 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the one week shred, it's really good, It's suppose to be for short term weight loss I believe as she said if you have an event however I've been doing it for about 3 weeks and see a huge improvement in pictures I take each week. You can really feel it the next day and honestly towards the last bit I feel so sick because it's so exhausting! I probably do it 3-5 ttines week depending on how my day has been and if I feel I want a major workout. It gets you crazy sweaty . I prefer the evening one as its cardio whereas the morning is strength, j probably do the evening one more as I feel more benefit. Roughly using a fitbit it says you burn 400 cals per for eve and 300 for morning however that includes me doing beginner excersizes and taking a couple of water breaks! Good luck I would 100% recconend!
  • katiehepp1
    katiehepp1 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Also with the calories it says I burn doing it , I'm such a woss and I do all the beginner excrrsises plus I also change them myself if I find it to hard. Online some reviews say they done the advanced and rreally went for it and burnt over 600 cals
  • myaminals
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I really appreciate it.

I have just started a thread on the 30 day Jillian shred. Wanna make it 30 with me? :)

I can try to do this one with you for 30 days! I will have to find the thread. Thank you!
    katiehepp1 wrote: »
    Also with the calories it says I burn doing it , I'm such a woss and I do all the beginner excrrsises plus I also change them myself if I find it to hard. Online some reviews say they done the advanced and rreally went for it and burnt over 600 cals

I have to do the beginner moves as well. I don't have a fitbit so I was really curious about the calorie burn. I may have to start taking pictures. that is a good idea thanks! i have to take a couple water breaks too she really kicks my butt on her work outs. Congrats on seeing improvements in three weeks that is awesome!
    amfmmama wrote: »

The one week shred is a different DVD than the 30ds.

OP, I've done it. It's nice and challenging. You won't see much difference in a week apart from endurance and fluid retention in the muscles. Perhaps some all over water weight loss if you are in a deficit. A calorie deficit is for weight loss.

building up my endurance would be great!