Options
nursied
nursied Posts: 21 Member
Looking for Keto partners over 50 please

Replies

• kimber603
    kimber603 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I'm just starting Keto and very nervous about it. But I think it's the only way I can really get this weight loss going. I'll be 50 in March and menopause hit 2 years ago. Life has NOT been the same.
  • dweldon762
    dweldon762 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Im 52 and started my Keto journey 2 mos ago.
  • Zee_0100
    Zee_0100 Posts: 397 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    kimber603 wrote: »
    Count me in! I'm just starting Keto and very nervous about it. But I think it's the only way I can really get this weight loss going. I'll be 50 in March and menopause hit 2 years ago. Life has NOT been the same.

You are 49 wow really?
  • Zee_0100
    Zee_0100 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    What you guyss really mean by keto?
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    OP I suggest you check out the main low carber daily forum group here in MFP. It's where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

There are several older LCHF members in this group too.
  • sueinpima
    sueinpima Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 67 and the keto way of eating works very well for me. I would be happy to be keto friends.
  • keta8888
    keta8888 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 50, is that ok?
    Can anyone here tell me what the best low carb veggies are? I am to be always over sinn it on the carbs hidden in my veggies.
    Thanks
  • ladipoet
    Options
    Zee_0100 wrote: »
    What you guyss really mean by keto?

@Zee_0100..."low carb" usually means you are eating 150/g carbs or less per day. "Keto" usually implies that you are eating 50/g carbs or less per day. "Keto" is short for nutritional ketosis. "Keto" can also refer to the Ketogenic diet. Take your pick.
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    ladipoet wrote: »
    OP I suggest you check out the main low carber daily forum group here in MFP. It's where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

There are several older LCHF members in this group too.

:smiley: I'm a Ketophile! That is friggin hilarious!
  • CherLivelyM
    CherLivelyM Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Is this the best group for true keto diet, where you eat low carb, moderate protein, and high fat
  • ladipoet
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Is this the best group for true keto diet, where you eat low carb, moderate protein, and high fat

@CherLivelyM ....^^^^this is the most active LCHF group in MFP. As far as "True Keto" goes, this group has over 20K members and the WOE's this groups members follow span a range from "low carb" to "True Keto" to very low carb. So maybe request to join, lurk, read and learn about the group and see if it's a good fit for you.
  • schrodercathy
    schrodercathy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    If anyone would like to add me as well I would be very grateful. I am fifty and have been keto for about two or three months - loving it so far!
  • qn2mykg
    qn2mykg Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi 51, have been doing keto about 4 months feel great I love it
  • graneydp
    graneydp Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Been doing Keto for just under 2 weeks, lost 9 lbs so far. Count me in.
  • kshatriyo
    kshatriyo Posts: 134 Member
    Options

I don't know, but I have met a small percentage of people who follow a true ketogenic diet in that forum. But, being that I'm well under 50, you are welcome to add me if you like. I have looked on another site claiming to be ketogenic and their "gurus" didn't even know how to monitor ketones and use moderate protein. We are still kind of rare, I guess.
  • bininj
    bininj Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I started on Keto 8 weeks ago. Now 9 k down. (19.8 lb)Very easy to do. I've just adopted it as my way of life, and don't think about it. I weigh myself everyday but only record the loses. Just waiting for my latest blood work results. I've had fatty liver and that frightens me, so hopefully my LDL will be low and my HDL will be high. I would show everyone my face pics but I don't know how to do it. Please feel free to add me as a friend. We all need all the support we can get.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    bininj wrote: »
    I weigh myself everyday but only record the loses.

Why do you do this? Surely it's better to get the whole picture rather than just the positives.