Too big for Roller-Coasters. 66 Ibs down!

Options

Replies

• becca_rup23
    becca_rup23 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Nice! You look amazing :) I've lost about the same amount and I feel like I can't always difference, but on you I totally can! Congrats and keep up the good work :)
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    JeffreyOC wrote: »
    Last year when I went to Universal Studios I was very embarrassed when I couldn't fit on one of the rides. I told myself that next time I went back I would not have that problem. I've been on my weight loss journey for 5 months and I've gone from 275Ibs to 209Ibs (27Ibs to go). I go back in December and to say I'm excited is an understatement.

This is awesome! I started my journey for similar reasons! My son wanted to ride a roller coaster and the operators couldn't get the lap bar down over me. That was my wake up call, if I wanted to be able to ride with my son the weight would have to come off! I'm down over 100lbs and rode a coaster with him this summer! You are going to have a blast! Get some pictures!

• JeffreyOC
    JeffreyOC Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    @becca_rup23 Yes I get what you mean each time I lose a few Ibs I struggle to see the difference yet people around seem too :/
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    JeffreyOC wrote: »
    @fitoverfortymom Being 275Ibs last year I found it very hard walking around the parks :(
    I'm right there with ya. I started at 256 just before I got on MFP and there's no way I could spend a day at the parks, much less go on any rides.

• JeffreyOC
    Options
    @shinycrazy over 100Ibs?! Wow! Must have felt incredible getting on that coaster :)
  • cosmonew
    cosmonew Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    OMG!!!! You look AMAZING!!!
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Your hard work is truly motivational for me. Congrats on your successes. Have fun on the roller coaster!
  • JeffreyOC
    Options
    @Sherbog I plan too :) Thanks!
  • JeffreyOC
    Options
    @cosmonew Thank You :)
  • JeffreyOC
    Options
    @dbanks80 Thanks :)
  • JeffreyOC
    Options
    @sparklyglitterbomb I will thanks!
  • mtolose1
    mtolose1 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Bravo!! I to have been there. So I know that embarrassing feeling. Enjoy it!!
  • PoeticGamer
    PoeticGamer Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. You worked hard and it's really showing :)
  • JeffreyOC
    Options
    @PoeticGamer Thanks :)
  • JeffreyOC
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @mtolose1 Hopefully we'll never have to experience it again!
  • stephrivas84
    stephrivas84 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have been there and know how horrible it is to be turned away for not fitting in that seat. That is wonderful you were able to use it to and do amazing! Great Job!
  • WindyCityGal160
    WindyCityGal160 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Awesome for you!! What a hige lifestyle change- very inspiring!
  • JeffreyOC
    Options
    @stephrivas84 Thanks :)
  • 00000eli
    00000eli Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I want to ride coasters again too.
  • kpie88
    kpie88 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Awesome, I had a similar situation happen to me this spring. It was at that point I decided something had to change. Down 26lbs and counting.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!