Veggie spiralizer recipes

KetoKris
KetoKris Posts: 78 Member
I recently purchased a handheld Veggetti Spiral Vegetable Slicer. I was wondering if anybody had any good recipes I could make using it.

Replies

• lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    http://inspiralized.com/ has a lot of great recipes.
  • kathyrunsfast
    kathyrunsfast Posts: 7,246 Member
    My friend showed me how to make a lovely shrimp scampi type dish. Then she adds in a spiralized zucchini and simmers it right in the sauce. Excellent!!

Shrimp, 1 T olive oil or avocado oil, garlic cloves minced (I used 3), cilantro and a squeeze of lemon or lime. Saute shrimp in oil along with garlic...add in a spriralized zucchini and heat through.
  • Nikki10129
    Nikki10129 Posts: 292 Member
    I second inspiralized's website! In particular, their zucchini ramen is delicious, and an awesome one to play around with depending on what you have at home :P
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Here's the dinner I usually have, made with spiralized noodles:

1 oz spinach leaves, washed with the stems cut off
    150 g spiralized noodles (zucchini are my favorite)
    1 oz. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
    3 oz. Einkorn spaghetti (protein-fortified)
    Kirkland non-salt spice, to taste

I wash the spinach leaves and lay them in a thin layer along the bottom of a large pasta bowl. While the real noodles cook, I add the spiralized noodles (prepared and measured) to the top of the spinach layer, then liberally sprinkle the non-salt spice over it. About a minute before the noodles are done, I add the cheese over the top of the spiralized noodles. Then I pop the pasta bowl into the microwave, microwaving for 1 minute so that the cheese is melted and the spiralized noodles are cooked a bit. I add the real (drained) pasta over the top, plus more salt spice.

Mix together, and voila! Mom calls it my not-salad salad. :)
  • subakwa
    subakwa Posts: 347 Member
    Dry or light fry some finely chopped white onion and a whole load of finely chopped garlic (depending on how much you like garlic). Add half a glass of white wine and reduce down to lose the alcohol. Add a variety of mushrooms and cook off. Add a pot of light creme fraiche and a little hard cheese / Parmesan to taste or calorie budget. Season.

Put sauce aside into a bowl. Add spiralised courgette (zucchini) to pan and cook off just enough that it lets its water go and you can drain before adding the sauce back in. Stir up and serve!
  • KetoKris
    KetoKris Posts: 78 Member
    Thank you, these sound wonderful!
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Cucumber, carrot, zucchini added to lettuce and a little chopped green onion and bell pepper and you have the base of a nice thai salad. Add shrimp or chicken and find a nice light peanut dressing.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    lucys1225 wrote: »
    http://inspiralized.com/ has a lot of great recipes.

THIS.
  • dancefess
    dancefess Posts: 2 Member
    I made some zoodles last night and made a Thai peanut sauce. ( peanut butter, tamari, ginger, garlic.) I added a little Brown sugar because I over did the tamari. I don't like spicy so I omitted the red pepper flakes it called for.
    Anyway, put a few spoonfuls in sauté pan with zoodles. Got them all coated then plates them.
    It was very good and not many calories.
    You could easily add chicken or tofu and keep it low fat and cholesterol.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,745 Member
    I use mine to make hasselback potatoes. But that's not very low calorie. I also use it to easily slice onions and to make cucumber and carrots more exciting for salads. I also make apple noodles, which mini me likes. I've tried the zoodle thing but haven't had much luck yet, I need to try that again.