Tired of dieting...trying to make it a lifestyle

Options
Hi all...I am tired of dieting and have now reached the point where it does not excite me to start a new plan or exercise regime. I do really well then gain even more than when I started!
I would love to hear your success stories and what generally works for you. I think I need to go to bootcamp for a year...stepping away from my kitchen, supermarkets and restaurants!!
Good luck y'all!

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    ^^^
    This is everything you need to know! Nicely stated @chocolate_owl !
  • sallyd837
    sallyd837 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Couldnt have said it better. Great advice @chocolate_owl
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    Another + , well stated @chocolate_owl.

@Nads36 you need little else than what was stated in the first reply.

Cheers, h.

• Sira125
    Sira125 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above. I chose to cut out a lot of my "unconscious" sugar intake and artificial sweeteners. I felt like they were contributing to my wanting sweets so much.

I feel like this was a good choice for me, your mileage may vary. I searched out lower sugar mayonnaise, bread, spaghetti sauce, etc. and I make a lot more of my meals.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    @chocolate_owl already gave some great advice. I just had a few amplifications...

First just work on staying within plus/minus of 50-100 calories of your calorie deficit each day. Initially, don't worry too much about what you are eating as much as you watch how much of what you eat and the calories associated with it. (It will shock you to know what a serving is for most things initially.)

Once you get pretty good at sticking to your calorie deficit, start to look at your macro ratios. This will guide you in making better food choice decisions when you try to balance your macros. Don't deprive yourself of foods, as @chocolate_owl already said, but look at restricting them instead if they aren't the best option to fit into your macro ratios and start to make smarter choices about what you will eat that day to balance your macro ratios.

And when it comes to activity, find something you love to do, and do it often. Just like with food, doing stuff you don't like isn't sustainable either.
  • Nads36
    Nads36 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much guys...I will definitely take it all on board...super advice! Really grateful for you to take the time to reply...I am sitting down tonight to devise a plan will en corporate your advice. Hope you all are keeping get well x