Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Frozen Diet Meals

2»

Replies

• CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    I've been eating the Evol and Luvo brands of frozen foods. Much lower sodium than Lean Cuisine and a more "real" taste. Some lunch meats are high in sodium as are breads so I don't think you're doing worse to try a frozen meal if you are trying to shave off some calories. They are okay once in awhile.
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    I used to eat these daily, but found they didn't contain enough protein in the ones I liked. The sodium was not a problem - most Lean Cuisines contain around 500 mg. or so, 25% of the upper safe limit listed (plus I don't track sodium).
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    I like the Lean Cuisines and such for something fast and easy, especially right now when we are in the middle of moving and the kitchen is a disaster, and the kinds I get usually aren't horrible about the sodium (and I don't track sodium anyway so I'm not too concerned but I do tend to pick those that are somewhat lower). I can see how they wouldn't be filling enough for some people, I know they would for me if I didn't have snacks as well that I can eat during the day at work but I find with a decent breakfast and a couple of snacks, a Lean Cuisine is just the right amount of food for me to feel satiated and I'm not killing my calories for the day. That said, sometimes I will have some veggies with it or something as well to help bulk up the meal a bit if I'm feeling extra hungry. I like the Healthy Choice sometimes too but for me, those really depend on which one you get, some are not very good and others are actually quite tasty.

Same. The meals I get are around 24% of my daily sodium. Not sure why that's so terrible, as I only have 3 meals per day... :|
  • lmew91
    lmew91 Posts: 88 Member
    I like to make sandwiches out of Arnold's or Natures Own sandwich thins/rounds, lunch meat, mustard, and a Laughing Cow cheese wedge. (If you've never had this, it's a very soft cheese that can be spread. For me, it replicates the mayo portion of the sandwich satisfactorily. If you're a die-hard mayo lover, you may hate this idea.) Not sure if you're the type who make your sandwich in the morning before work, but I do this rather than the night before so that it doesn't get soggy or taste stale, etc.