Meal prep tips and recipes!!

Options
sarahpayton93
sarahpayton93 Posts: 3 Member
I just started meal prepping and I don't want to get burnt out on chicken veggies and rice!!

Replies

• dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Here are some places I get inspiration.

The Domestic Geek's YouTube channel. She has several weekly meal prep guides and videos. I hae made several of her recipes and they have all been delicious.
    Clean Food Crush website. She posts pictures of her frig and does meal prep on Sundays.
    Fit Couple Cooks is another YouTube channel that does meal prep videos.
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I have also been using mason jars for meal prep. soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/p/masonables.html
  • AlyssaPetsDogs
    AlyssaPetsDogs Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I sometimes make two smaller batches of something, if time permits on Sunday, so I don't get sick of eating the same thing over and over again. That's my biggest pro tip!
    I would invest in some good Tupperware or other dishes to bring the food with you for lunch. I have like some bulky plastic Rubbermaid ones and I like them because they are microwave and dishwasher safe. Pretty durable. I have been using them for a year now.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I cook, portion and freeze. I have a ton of soups, stews, chilis, stir fries, and curries in my freezer.
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I cook, portion and freeze. I have a ton of soups, stews, chilis, stir fries, and curries in my freezer.

I do the same. At any given time, I have at least 10 different options in my freezer. Every few days i roast a couple of trays of vegetables and spaghetti squash for the sides.
  • not_my_first_rodeo
    not_my_first_rodeo Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I figure out my meal plans ahead of time and how many servings the dishes I make will have. I usually use those for lunches. Some stuff I freeze (broths, soups).

For recipe ideas, I am using a lot of the ones from skinnytaste. Her portions tend to be off, so I either halve her recipes or must account for more servings. I also look at my cookbooks, magazines like Cooking Light. Generally I have stuff that goes into the general rotation and a few things I opt not to make again.

Last year for this Marie Kondo organizing project I did, I went through all my reusable containers, got rid of a ton, organized what I had and I have found some that really work for me. I second the recommendation for microwave and dishwasher safe!