Celebrity Clothing.

Options
TeachTheGirl
TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
So I just got a Reebok email informing me which celebrities were 'caught wearing Reebok'.

Do celebrities wearing clothes/sneakers/etc have any bearing on what YOU purchase?

Replies

• stephen4232
    stephen4232 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    not in the slightest, I tend to buy what I feel comfortable / look good (I hope!) in
  • BruteSquad
    BruteSquad Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I am not aware of any celebrities that are as big as me. Even Arnold is smaller than me. Since physics changes when you get to be my size, so do clothes.

But even if that were not the case, I don't think they always make sound fashion choices.....so no. Also I don't care enough to follow them to know what they are wearing.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Big Bang Theory inspires my inner geek to buy comic book T-shirts. All I need is Wonder Woman and Aquaman and I'll have T-shirts for the entire justice league... wait... I don't think they make a Wonder Woman as a dude's shirt.
  • Teardrop81
    Teardrop81 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I don't follow pop culture at all, so no :smile:
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    'This... stuff'? Oh. Okay. I see. You think this has nothing to do with you. You go to your closet and you select... I don't know... that lumpy blue sweater, for instance because you're trying to tell the world that you take yourself too seriously to care about what you put on your back. But what you don't know is that that sweater is not just blue, it's not turquoise. It's not lapis. It's actually cerulean. And you're also blithely unaware of the fact that in 2002, Oscar de la Renta did a collection of cerulean gowns. And then I think it was Yves Saint Laurent... wasn't it who showed cerulean military jackets? I think we need a jacket here. And then cerulean quickly showed up in the collections of eight different designers. And then it, uh, filtered down through the department stores and then trickled on down into some tragic Casual Corner where you, no doubt, fished it out of some clearance bin. However, that blue represents millions of dollars and countless jobs and it's sort of comical how you think that you've made a choice that exempts you from the fashion industry when, in fact, you're wearing the sweater that was selected for you by the people in this room from a pile of stuff.

I think we're all influenced a little, even if we don't want to admit it. I've never though " of xxxx is wearing xxxx - I must have it "
    But I ave occasionally seen someone wear something and thought, those actually look quite cool together. I'll give that a go.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    well yes...to a degree...

I don't see a scarf that emma stone is wearing and say "OMG Emma Stone likes that scarf I SO SO SO have to have it."

it's more like I'm perusing the magazines...and I see Emma Stone wearing this beautiful shimmery watercolour scarf that would match my coral dress perfectly with my tan heels and I think "I HAVE to have that scarf, thank you Emma Stone for wearing it so that I knew it existed and can now complete my ensemble."

so no..i don't buy things because celebrities wear them..

i noticed what celebrities are wearing and then choose to purchase them if I think they are beautiful, would suit me, or would match an existing article I have...

so yes....but no....but yes....
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    See the new Kanye West designed t-shirt?

It's 120 bucks.

for a plain white t-shirt.

anyone that pays 120 bucks for a plain white t-shirt deserves to be punched in the throat. repeatedly.

ETA: http://uscheckout.apc.fr/browse.cfm/4,3379.html?nav=kanye

that. No.
  • anj1030
    anj1030 Posts: 153 Member
    Options

It's 120 bucks.

anyone that pays 120 bucks for a plain white t-shirt deserves to be punched in the throat. repeatedly.

that. No.

I love you Trog!
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I'm just glad they wear clothing because the kids seem to pay attention to them.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    Only if David Beckham is on the package, then I might buy it just to lick it. : )

David-Beckham-main_1667625a.jpg
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    They don't have any bearing on what I do wear, but some celebs have definitely shown me what I should NOT wear.

snooki-supre-tan-tanning-lotion-photo-shoot__oPt.jpg
    lady-gaga-lobster-head.jpg
  • carbons2k
    carbons2k Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Dont hate.. it comes it navy blue too!

It's 120 bucks.

that. No.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Dont hate.. it comes it navy blue too!

It's 120 bucks.

that. No.

can't tell if serious....
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    Must be a joke.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Yes...now I love all my clothing to be bloody.

Lady_Gaga_Meat_Dress.jpg
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Yes...now I love all my clothing to be bloody.

Lady_Gaga_Meat_Dress.jpg

needs more hungry lions / tigers / bears.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    'This... stuff'? Oh. Okay. I see. You think this has nothing to do with you. You go to your closet and you select... I don't know... that lumpy blue sweater, for instance because you're trying to tell the world that you take yourself too seriously to care about what you put on your back. But what you don't know is that that sweater is not just blue, it's not turquoise. It's not lapis. It's actually cerulean. And you're also blithely unaware of the fact that in 2002, Oscar de la Renta did a collection of cerulean gowns. And then I think it was Yves Saint Laurent... wasn't it who showed cerulean military jackets? I think we need a jacket here. And then cerulean quickly showed up in the collections of eight different designers. And then it, uh, filtered down through the department stores and then trickled on down into some tragic Casual Corner where you, no doubt, fished it out of some clearance bin. However, that blue represents millions of dollars and countless jobs and it's sort of comical how you think that you've made a choice that exempts you from the fashion industry when, in fact, you're wearing the sweater that was selected for you by the people in this room from a pile of stuff.

I love that movie. .___________.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    No, unless I see them wearing something that I like, but it could be anyone wearing it and still have the same effect on me.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Big Bang Theory inspires my inner geek to buy comic book T-shirts. All I need is Wonder Woman and Aquaman and I'll have T-shirts for the entire justice league... wait... I don't think they make a Wonder Woman as a dude's shirt.

I'm pretty sure they do...I only have Green Lantern!!!