Water weight...my stats from 3 days of vacation.

Options
2»

Replies

• victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh! I almost never weigh myself after I have a few days like that where I way over eat. I give it a day before I check out the damage lol. I'm going to Disney in just under 2 months for about 5 days and I'm going to try to be mindful with food choices but it's so hard. Especially when there are buffets involved that cost a lot of money so you want to get your money's worth!
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    ARGriffy wrote: »
    neldabg wrote: »
    Do you really think you overate by 7000 cals in 3 days? I've had massive binge weekends and never actually gained 2 lbs in a weekend! I'm sure your body will settle :)

Lol. Read her second paragraph. I'm sure she knows this. :)

I was responding specifically to the last paragraph?
    "I'm guessing I gained maybe 2 lbs of actual weight."

:)

Haha! I read your response incorrectly! I don't know what happened. I must have had a slow moment or something because for whatever reason, my brain interpreted your response only as saying not to worry too much about weight gain since some of it was just water weight. My mistake! xD Indeed, overeating by 7,000 calories is a great feat in three days, even if it is possible. Keep us updated on the true net gain, OP!
  • 007Aggie
    007Aggie Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm still up 1.3 lbs, one week from starting the weekend binge. Since I didn't go right back into maintenance calories, I probably won't know what the true gain is. I've averaged 1380 calories and day from Mon-Thurs. This should be about a 1500 calorie deficit, so I'm still thinking the 2 lb number is in the right ballpark.

Before I get the "your calories are too low" opinions, I don't normally eat this low. But I've been dealing with stomach problems (no doubt related to last weekend). This has left me unwilling/unable to eat plus very inactive. My macros are pretty good, and I hope to be back to normal calories within a day or two.
  • misscamp26
    misscamp26 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I 'gained' 6 pounds overnight, so this makes me feel better. :)
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Kurzweil wrote: »

I'm asking partially because I'm going on a big vacation in December and have already planned that I'm fine with gaining up to 5 lbs (whether they are "real" or water weight), and I've been thinking I better make sure I have some comfy loose pants for the plane ride home!

Yes, comfy pants! I just flew back from Colorado (live in Tx) and I was retaining so much water I had cankles! My MFP friend was a bit worried seeing me loose so much weight on my news feed. I was like, It's mostly the water weight! lol I love food too much to eat so little that I loose .8- 1 lb a day!

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Do you really think you overate by 7000 cals in 3 days? I've had massive binge weekends and never actually gained 2 lbs in a weekend! I'm sure your body will settle :)

I could easily overeat by 7000 calories in 3 days.
  • InfoomaousTete
    InfoomaousTete Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    Yep, water weight is hell for me. We came back from a long weekend trip to NYC on the 10th of this month and I am just finally back to my pre trip weight. I don't get too bent out of shape about it...but I do have WTH moments when on the scale and yell about it taking forever to let go.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    007Aggie wrote: »
    Yes, by air.

In case you were wondering, the Sunday/logable foods were McDonalds breakfast, On the Border lunch, and Wendy's dinner. Snacks of an ice cream bar, ginger ale and terra blue chips on the plane, and some Halloween candy.

Quite honestly, the On The Border lunch was the biggest chunk. That meal alone is more than I usually eat in a day. But it was so worth it. I'm a Texan living in New England, and while OTB isn't great Tex-Mex, it's still better than what I get locally. :)

You don't have an OTB near-ish to you? Just curious. I'm a Texan, too. Just took a NE coast vacation (Mass, N.H, R.I., Maine) and one of the things I found surprising was that we saw a couple On The Border restaurants in Mass. Obviously, the last thing we were interested in was Tex-Mex, but at least that would have been acceptable, not the stuff that used to be available when I lived in Maryland ~30 years ago.

ETA: NE = North East
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

At Disney's F&W festival? Easily.
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    We returned from a 10 day beach vacation last week, and I was up 8 pounds in those 10 days (I have to say that 16 is mighty impressive :) ). In the 5 days since our return, I've already lost 5 and expect to drop the last 3 fairly easily. It's CRAZY, right?
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    Just thought I'd share this because I find it fascinating.

glad it isn't just me with the fascination. i have to restrain myself from playing guinea pig with my own self, just to watch the scale go up and down. and what's with the do-all-the-peeing-at-night thing that your body does?

water dumps are less common for me now than they were the first year i lifted. the mad scientist part of my brain sort of misses them.

• 007Aggie
    Options
    stealthq wrote: »
    Yes, by air.

In case you were wondering, the Sunday/logable foods were McDonalds breakfast, On the Border lunch, and Wendy's dinner. Snacks of an ice cream bar, ginger ale and terra blue chips on the plane, and some Halloween candy.

Quite honestly, the On The Border lunch was the biggest chunk. That meal alone is more than I usually eat in a day. But it was so worth it. I'm a Texan living in New England, and while OTB isn't great Tex-Mex, it's still better than what I get locally. :)

You don't have an OTB near-ish to you? Just curious. I'm a Texan, too. Just took a NE coast vacation (Mass, N.H, R.I., Maine) and one of the things I found surprising was that we saw a couple On The Border restaurants in Mass. Obviously, the last thing we were interested in was Tex-Mex, but at least that would have been acceptable, not the stuff that used to be available when I lived in Maryland ~30 years ago.

ETA: NE = North East

Nope, not close. It's a minimum of an hour drive away, but likely more with traffic since I'd have to drive right through the middle of Boston. We have this local chain called Margaritas about 15 mins away. Never, ever again. The last time I was served a limp, soggy quesadilla. Who screws that up? Quesadillas are pretty much the easiest thing in the world to cook. My 6 year old can make them.

Our little town is getting a taco shop soon. I hear the owner is from California. It's not Tex-Mex, but I have high hopes.

I lived in Maryland about 20 years ago. I remember Chi-Chi's there. Blech. Apparently those were bought out and are still around in Europe. We still have Chi-Chi's branded salsa in our supermarkets here, too. I don't buy salsa at supermarkets...it's either Chi-Chi's, Pace, or Newman's Own. Blech again.
  • 007Aggie
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »

At Disney's F&W festival? Easily.

Thanks for the rep. ;)

I don't think its the F&W festival stuff that packed on the calories though. DH and I split everything we tried, and we didn't try to much since we've done it many times before. The calories probably came more from the Dole Whip, Mickey Bars, chili cheese dogs/corn dog nuggets/french fries from Casey's, that darn Biergarten buffet, and the all you care to eat Halloween candy from the Halloween party in Magic Kingdom...

BTW, I'm back below my pre-trip weight.
  • 007Aggie
    Options
    qtyq7bn0s0b9.jpg

Can anyone spot my trip? Haha.
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Not surprised in the slightest. I can gain 3-4 pounds if I eat back all the calories from a long run.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    qtyq7bn0s0b9.jpg

Can anyone spot my trip? Haha.

That's awesome! Good to know how quickly it can come back off.