Looking for motivation; the last 15

Options
Hi I'm just looking for some accountability/motivation I guess. Trying to get down to around 120. I'm trying to plan out my meals ahead of time. I'm noticing my binges are more frequent as I'm gearing towards my goal. There's lots of free food at work. I won't eat it and'll save it for later and then I'll end up eating more. Last night was a cupcake (from work) and halo top ice cream >.< and then a cookie. I try to burn it off with cardio later on the week. It's frustrating.

Anyway I'm 5'5" 136. Anyone with similar problems? Stats? I don't know if you can see my diary. I tried to make it public to hold myself more accountable. Thanks.

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    The free food at work problem is real. While I'll sometimes take something home and give it to my son or husband, it's usually easier on me to just not take it at all. Saving it for later rarely works for me. I make sure I have lots of snacks that fit into my goals in my desk. I also have protein bars as well as a couple of 100 calories pouches of tuna salad and crackers in case I forget my lunch.
  • 33bbcc33
    33bbcc33 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    It's so hard for me to pass up free food. I have like a food hoarding problem lol. I'll tell myself I'll only take one or a very small portion. And usually the food they bring in is so high calorie that it take a good chunk of my calories away for the day. It's hard. Yea I try to bring low cal snacks with me. The tuna idea is great! I actually forgot I recently bought some haha
  • maddymakenzie
    maddymakenzie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I work at an Asian restaurant with REALLY tasty and REALLY high calorie food. Every day I have the opportunity to take some home and have it for lunch and/or dinner. The biggest thing that helps me stay away from it is to have foods at home that fit into my goals (low calorie, high nutrient density, etc). I feel like I'm saving money (I still have to pay half price for my meals) and I know I'm contibuting to my calorie deficit for weight loss.

I'm in a similar situation as you. I'm 5'1" and weigh around 135-140 pounds. My goal weight is to be 125 or 115. I understand the last 15 struggle lol.
  • 33bbcc33
    Options
    I commend you for having the willpower to stay away from all that food!! And that's also a good thing you have to pay half for the meal. I feel the temptation would be too strong if it was free. My work every Tuesday has a company/restaurant that is featured on our early show and they always bring in food for the staff. On top of that coworkers are always buying snacks and treats for everyone (like honey biscuits!! My weakness and so high in calorie for so little!) it's so hard when it's sitting right next to me. -.- and I justify it in my mind by having one. I need to stop lol.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I've mostly been in maintenance for a few years now but the thing that's been killing me this year are 2 week long work trips. I get to eat all day on the company dime and we've been to Las Vegas and Virginia Beach so far this year with a trip to Savannah, GA coming up in December. I'm dreading it right in the middle of Thanksgiving and Christmas!

The frugalista in me wants to spend every dime I'm allotted and there are so many yummy things to eat and drink.... I ended up spending the next 6 weeks losing the weight I gained while on those trips earlier this year. I'm going to have to exert some real restraint in Savannah while surrounded by all of the lovely Southern foods I want to try.
  • Sira125
    Sira125 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    My recent strategy is to decide I can have one (of whatever it is) later if I want one. Often than means they are gone by the time I head that direction. My office is sometimes like a swarm of locusts. :)

If hurting people by refusing is a concern I have a list of reasons to refuse that don't end up with me hearing things like "just one won't hurt." It also helps avoid a discussion where someone tries to get you to eat with them because they interpret your choice not to eat something for "reasons" as a judgement about their choices.

Examples: I had a huge breakfast, maybe later. I'm not hungry right now, but they look awesome.
  • Sira125
    Options
    Free food that your body doesn't need isn't really free. It is more like buying on credit, you pay for it later in stress, wear and tear on your body, and time. It does cost you.

Maybe remembering that will help.
  • 33bbcc33
    Options
    I remember when I went back home to visit for a week I allowed myself to eat most things I usually deny myself. Full cheeseburger, full serving of fries, milkshake, peanut butter cups, mochi, cheesecake. Haha I still remember all I ate. I ate super clean the few weeks before so I wouldn't feel as guilty. And then clean when I got back.

@SueInAz Maybe try to eat super squeaky clean a week or two before those company trips. Also what I did when I indulged on my vacation was plan on what "bad" meal I was gonna eat for the day and then try to eat decently for the rest of that day. I also think my frugalness does not help with this problem lol.

@Sira125 Eating one of what you want later is a good strategy! I tried that with the cupcakes. By the time it was time for me to go home there was still a bunch left. So I took one with me just because it looked good haha. And it was cupcake day or something according to my coworkers. That started a mini avalanche. I will try to remember that buying on credit advice. Thanks!
  • Sira125
    Options
    Maybe you could bring in fruit or a veggie tray to share from time to time?
  • 33bbcc33
    Options
    That's a good idea. I've been bad and bringing in candy and sweets I felt guilty for after buying them. I get some sort of sick satisfaction knowing someone else is eating them and not me... horrible I know... Veggies would be good though!
  • Sira125
    Options
    I think we all do something similar sometimes. I got rid of two perfectly good chocolate bars I couldn't stand to throw away by taking them to work and putting them in the break room. :smile: It is a mix of being unwilling to waste food and really needing for me not to eat it.
  • SarahKay716
    SarahKay716 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    We have very similar stats, I'm looking to lose the same amount and am struggling with the same roadblocks. Add me if you'd like an accountability buddy with similar numbers!