Exercising like mad and tracking food intake but no weight loss

Options
I exercise at least 6 days per week, combining at least 30 mins of cardio (where I am sweating) with at least 20 mins of weight lifting. I track my food - everything including a few gummy worms. I have not lost one pound yet and I fluctuate from down 2 lbs to up 2 lbs each week. My clothes fit better but I would like to see the scale go down by SOMETHING. What else can I include? More cardio or more weights?

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    maybe a bit more patience...

the fact your clothing is fitting better speaks more volumes than the number on the scale which can be impacted by new exercise, extra sodium or if female hormones which make you retain water/fluid.

if you are sure you are tracking accurately and in a deficit take some measurements and use that for now along with the scale.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Have you tried tracking inches instead of weight for awhile?
  • kathrynjean_
    kathrynjean_ Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Is this a new exercise routine for you? How long have you been logging and trying to lose weight?
  • ericwhitt
    ericwhitt Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I don't have the flowchart, I'm sure someone will post it shortly. Go through those steps. Also are you weighing all your foods, or just going off serving sizes on packages?

Also your clothes fitting better is a much better indicator you're losing fat than what the scale says. How long have you been tracking?
  • kathrynjean_
    kathrynjean_ Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Also, you say that you're tracking food - how are you measuring it? Do you use a food scale to weigh all solids, or are you using measuring cups and/or eyeballing portions?
  • tippaa2
    tippaa2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Inches first!!!!
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Stats?

Starting weight, current weight? How long have you been at it? Height/age?
    How many calories per day do you log? Do you account for food by weight, log condiments/beverages/cooking oils/etc.?
  • exstromn
    exstromn Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    As women I feel we are so stuck on the "right number" when it comes to dieting, whether its your BMI, a clothing size label, the weight your were in high school, or that blasted scale which is your enemy one week and your best friend the next. Take a minute and breathe. Look at the great choice you are LIVING right now and believe in your ability to be successful no matter the "measure". Rejoice in the progress you are making in how your clothes fit and avoid the head games with the right number. Good luck and safe journey! - Nancy
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Flow chart.

How long since you started exercising? And your stats as asked above?

k2gjtbhe8c2j.jpg
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    You don't say how much you weigh now. If you don't have much to lose, it takes longer and you need alot of patience. Your logging will have to be exact. Do a search, there's a good thread on how to log correctly. If non of this applys to you, you'll have to give us more information.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I exercise at least 6 days per week, combining at least 30 mins of cardio (where I am sweating) with at least 20 mins of weight lifting. I track my food - everything including a few gummy worms. I have not lost one pound yet and I fluctuate from down 2 lbs to up 2 lbs each week. My clothes fit better but I would like to see the scale go down by SOMETHING. What else can I include? More cardio or more weights?

Not nearly enough information to make any sort of assessment, but bottom line you are not in a caloric deficit.

How much do you weigh? How much do you want to lose? What timeframe is this over? What is your sodium/water intake?

Be patient - check the accuracy of your logging and celebrate your Non-Scale Victories!

Congrats on the clothes fitting better!