Low carb diet

Options
So my doctor wants me on a low carb diet to help with weight loss but I have a question on that would I still able to drink soda that I make with SodaStream? Or would I have to cut that out?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    So my doctor wants me on a low carb diet to help with weight loss but I have a question on that would I still able to drink soda that I make with SodaStream? Or would I have to cut that out?

If it's full sugar soda, you'd have to cut it out...straight up sugar.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    SodaStream does have diet mixes -- are those the ones you're drinking? If so, they'd fit into a low carbohydrate diet.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Low carb can help you with sticking to calorie goal, but it's sticking to calorie goal that makes you lose weight.

If the soda has sugar, it will be difficult to fit into a low carb diet, but you just have to fit what you eat and drink into your calorie goal.

Please, please read this. If you don't know anything about what you are doing, it's going to be very very difficult to get results.
  • ShawnMalone1
    ShawnMalone1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Go to diet soda. Or try making your own tonic water with the soda stream.
  • aliem
    aliem Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I would just use the soda stream and add a bit of lime or lemon juice. You can cut the soda water with a splash of juice as well, just be careful with the amount because sugar is a carb and juice is almost pure sugar.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Some low carbers use some sort of sugar free flavouring. Miso? If you look up keto-aid you'll find some LC recipes that may work well for you.