Best juice cleanse?

Options
Please share successful juice cleanse that u have completed!

I need to reboot my system and don't have time to pull out my Breville! Lol

Thanks

Replies

• Lizarking
    Lizarking Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Trick question. Juice cleanses are garbage. They are all the worst.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Why do you believe your system needs a reboot?
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    None. Drink some extra water if you feel you need it but cleanses and detoxes are completely unnecessary. Your body takes care of itself just fine - and if it doesn't see a medical professional rather than drinking juice.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Dano74 wrote: »
    "None juice cleanse" is the right answer.

@Sued0nim.... You said "codswallop". If I could give you more than an "awesome" I would.

I actually say that in real life :bigsmile:

Stick around, I use lots of words
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    "Juice cleanse" "Reboot your system"

Surely you jest?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I'll echo the above - the best juice cleanse is the one you DON'T do. There's no such thing as "rebooting" your body, you're not a computer. Eat a balanced diet and drink sufficient water, your liver and kidneys will take care of the "cleansing". It's what your body is designed to do. Don't waste your money on scams like cleanses.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

Perhaps OP is a computer. Never assume! I admit that my computers don't consume juice, but this could be a step forward. I hope it's not part of Apple's next operating system, though.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    WinoGelato wrote: »

Perhaps OP is a computer. Never assume! I admit that my computers don't consume juice, but this could be a step forward. I hope it's not part of Apple's next operating system, though.

My husband's computer consumed juice. It was less of a reboot and more of a fritz out. And it was actually beer.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Anyway, OP, if you are a human, which I admit is more likely, I have the following new advice about juice cleanses:

(1) A cleanse is not actually a thing, so one with a different name is good. It should not be based on ridiculous claims like that your body needs a break from digestion (you are still digesting) or that you need to rid yourself of toxins.

(2) Most all juice plans are not nutritionally-sound as they lack protein and healthy fats (specifically essential fatty acids). If the plan explains how you are meeting those requirements, maybe it's okay.

(3) It should include a reasonable number of calories (say, 1200 at least, but more depending on activity).

(4) Juice is a weird thing to make a whole diet out of, as it's pretty low in fiber and actually something that many sources (like the WHO) recommend consuming only in moderation. So a plan that is not actually about "juice" but includes smoothies (blended, not juiced), seems more reasonable to me.

(5) It should have a concrete goal (no, you won't "jump start" anything or stop ever wanting to overeat again or resolve all worries about what to eat without having to think about it). It also should have a plan for transitioning off of it.

(6) It should not be insanely expensive unless you can reasonably afford it and don't have some better use for the money. (If you can do it at home with a juicer or blender, great, although I understand those juicer are a pain to clean!)
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Echo everything here.

Love MFP and how quickly the woo gets shut down like this:

gyblz9l.gif