fast heart rate. thinking about getting an activity tracker.

Options
I have sinus tachycardia (fast heart rate) due to anemia. It's not life threatening, but I am wondering i should consider getting a monitor to track it? Anyone have similar experiences...does tracking it actually help?

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    What would you do with the data from an HRM if you had one? Is it like when your heart rate goes over 200 you have to call 911, or sit and rest? If you don't do anything in response when this happens, I don't think a heart rate monitor will be helpful.
  • thunder1982
    thunder1982 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I bought my step mum an activity tracker with HR monitor as a gift. She experiences teh same thing as you but for a different reason. It actually freaked her out seeing the number, I mean she knew it would be high when she checked it cause she could fee her heart racing and it would panic her more so she'd get more stressed. In the end she stopped wearing it.

I on the other hand experience a slow heart rate, I look at my resting heart rate overnight to track a trend. A steady decline over a period will usually coincide with needing a change in dosage of my medication.
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the late response. Thanks for all of your advice! I do think I might get stressed out from it, and my doctors have told me that my HR tends to get stronger as long as I eat and sleep well, so I am going to hold off on it for the time being.