10 pounds 5 weeks!!

joshgreene132
joshgreene132 Posts: 12 Member
edited October 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey guys! I have really been struggling trying to lose ten pounds. I really just want to weigh 185 and I only have twenty pounds to go. But I am struggling losing my first ten. Is there a group of people out there willing to help me? I'd be very encouraged to have new friends and help!

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    With that little to lose, I would suggest lowering your weekly weight loss goal. One pound per week would be reasonable IMO. My guess is that part of the struggle is due to the large deficit, but you tell us, what part are you finding difficult?
  • joshgreene132
    I guess just trying to find the best work out. Is cardio or weight lifting better? Also I struggle on the weekends to keep my diet
  • joshgreene132
    Also I think I am impatient. I have lost six pounds since I started but I notice I am getting discouraged. I would just like help
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    For overall fitness and good health, I like both cardio and lifting. Neither are actually required for weight loss though. Find the exercise(s) that you enjoy and will stick with.

6 lbs is good progress. When did you start losing weight? Why are you getting impatient?
  • myaminals
    myaminals Posts: 197 Member
    they say a food scale helps not sure just got mine today. maybe try that?
  • joshgreene132
    jemhh wrote: »
    For overall fitness and good health, I like both cardio and lifting. Neither are actually required for weight loss though. Find the exercise(s) that you enjoy and will stick with.

6 lbs is good progress. When did you start losing weight? Why are you getting impatient?

I think I am impatient because this is the biggest I have been in a long time and I don't fit in my clothes anymore. In just uncomfortable with myself. I have a wife and kid with another one on the way. So I don't get out as much. Anyway, that's good advice! Thank you!

• joshgreene132
    myaminals wrote: »
    they say a food scale helps not sure just got mine today. maybe try that?

What is a food scale?
  • Arapacana1
    Arapacana1 Posts: 117 Member
    A digital kitchen scale on which you weigh your food before eating it so you can calculate how many calories you are consuming.
  • myaminals
    it where you measure all your foods. liquids are supposed to be measured in cups and i have heard that all other foods should be measured in ounces or grams. you can find them at walmart, target or amazon
  • myaminals
    everyone says the scale is more accurate then measuring cups i hoping it will help mine come of faster too
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Because you have so little to lose, it will come off slowly, but you have to be accurate with your intake. You have much less wriggle room for error. You had no idea what a food scale even was so I'm guessing you weren't using one which means almost certainly you were eating more than you think you were - hence the lack of weight loss.

But now I'm confused. At first you said "struggling losing my first ten" but now you say you lost six pounds. Over what time frame did you lose those six pounds?
  • adub9616
    adub9616 Posts: 4 Member
    I am currently trying to lose 60 pounds of baby weight but have done it before with my first and would have to say that really following a strict regimen will help.. watching carbs and protein and eating consistently each day. If you have trouble on weekends think of the 80/20 rule.. eating clean 80% of the time. I think tracking on this app will help. Also intervals when working out.. walking 3 minutes and running 2 minutes for a half hour can ramp your metabolism.
  • joshgreene132
    I guess I meant the next ten pounds.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    My biggest mistake was dropping from 195 to 180 to quick lost muscle now I'm in a bulk to put 5 lbs back on .