Strength training on a torn mcl/acl

Options
I tore my mcl/acl yeaarrrsss ago back in college. Never got surgery and it doesn't bug me so often. The other day it did bug me and I had to cut my cardio short and also had to lessen the weights on my squats. I've been upping my cardio on the treadmill and think that's what's causing it. On days when I can't do squats or other leg exercises what would be a good alternative? Or other good strength routines for legs with knee tears.

Replies

• STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Movie preference with a little background about myself. Torn ACL years ago, now the ACL has totally deteriorated and I have bone on bone arthritis in my knee and it's eventually going to have to be replaced.

My suggestion to you is to see an orthopedic surgeon. Without knowing the extent of your damage and how many years ago it happened I can't give you a specific answer you really need to have it professionally evaluate it before you do any more damage to it
  • 33bbcc33
    33bbcc33 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Wow. I thought I read up enough on acl tears. I didn't know they could deteriorate! I just thought it was something that couldn't get worse or better without surgery. I did get an MRI, that's when they told me about the tears and suggested surgery. But I never saw it as something urgent. I will follow up on that. Thank you.