Gain weight?? & without breaking the bank?

Options
2»

Replies

• Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Returning to foods. I have seen there are more nut butter about than just peanut. I have cashew butter and have seen almond, and last week hazel nut too, I even heard tell of walnut too. Nuts are good because they have, the better chain fatty acids, but that is a bit deep for me right now.

I think you are saying you are wishing to be just a little more rounded. I hope you discover your nutrient package to produce your preferred look.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    Well if you gain weight, you won't get super toned or muscular looking, as you will be gaining around 75% of your weight in body fat, and that would be pending you follow a structured lifting program. If you need a list of items that are high in calories, I would recommend you look at this thread. You can either eat or drink calories and you don't need any type of protein bar or powder.

@psulemon My apologies, I did leave out the part about me going to the gym. I have a trainer and we do a little bit of everything including lifting. I guess my concerns are too that my body is already in shape with no effort. I was only 19% body fat and before 3 weeks ago I've never worked out before in my life. I don't think my trainer understands my concerns about being too physically fit for my personal liking but at the same time I was told that is the only way for me to gain weight (not sure how true this statement is)

Thanks for the thread of high calorie foods. It's awesome to know I don't need the protein powder,

No offense, but if you have not put any effort into it your not "in shape" Given our lifestyle, we need to either have a very physical job and/or do purposeful exercise to be "in shape".

Don't underestimate the value of a good strength program in shaping your body. Best of luck.
  • brizzlar
    brizzlar Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I've been super tiny my whole life. My weight has fluctuated between 132-138lbs since I was in 7th grade and I'm now 26 years old. I'm tall, 5'8" so although my weight is within "guidelines" as normal I still feel too skinny and am not happy with my appearance. Any suggestions on how to gain? I'm not looking to be super toned or muscular. Also looking for suggestions on food to purchase that won't break the bank. I've been trying protein powder, shakes, bars, etc. but they can be extremely costly so I've cut back on those a little since I didn't see much weight gain.

Oats - really cheap and excellent for weight gain.