How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
How often or on what day(s) do you weigh yourself to keep track of your progress? as the title says. When weighing yourself, do you usually do it before eating or drinking anything? Do you do it first thing in the morning as you wake up? What's the best way to get the best indicator of the real weight on the scale?

Replies

• Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, but I only log it here on MFP on Fridays. I do keep a record of all my weigh-ins on another app though. I weigh first thing in the morning, naked, after using the bathroom, before eating or drinking anything. Also, if you have the room to keep the scale out, do so. It's more consistent if it's always in the same spot and not shuffled around all the time.
  • FlynnRyder84
    FlynnRyder84 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I do a few times a week. Always after the gym before my shower. I only let it hurt my feelings on Fridays which are my weigh in days lol.
  • katiebean
    katiebean Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Every day, when I wake up, naked, after using the bathroom and before eating or drinking anything. I track it in a trend app (Libra)
  • _Minx
    _Minx Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Every morning before breakfast :smile:
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Daily (every morning exact same conditions).. Best way to get an indicator of what the scale is saying each day is really to trend it using a weight trending app. Day to day fluctuations are gonna show in one form or another on the scale. (i.e. weightgrapher, Libra, Happy Scale, etc.)
  • Dutchy_77
    Dutchy_77 Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    got the same fascination with that beast.

i weight every day after shower and log only saturday
  • foxandflora
    foxandflora Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day in the morning but log on MFP Mondays. My weekends tend to be less regimented than Monday-Friday, so I wanted to track on the day with the potential "highest" weight of the week. Post-weekend is definitely that day!
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,120 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily and log it daily. I am in a VA program and need to submit that weight daily.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Daily. I watch the overall trend though with trendweight ( smoothes out all the day to day fluctuations).

I also take measurements about once a month.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Usually once or twice a week as I'm not as concerned about the scale as how I feel. Anyway, I weigh first thing in the morning after I pee. seems to be the most accurate time/way for me to do it.
  • kxbrown27
    kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Sunday morning. Wake up, poop, weigh.
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Daily, every morning and usually at night after my shower. I record my weight daily (morning weight) as well but Thursdays are my official "weigh in" day where I do the week's total loss/gain.
  • MrsMichelle13
    MrsMichelle13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started back on my weight loss journey..everyday hasnt worked so im weighing myself now twice a week in the morning Monday and Friday..usually
  • cqbkaju
    cqbkaju Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Usually once a week, first thing Wednesday morning