I'm cutting out fat

I'm cutting all fat out of my diet so fatness will be out of my life.
Any suggestions?

Replies

• Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    You get fat by eating too many calories. Not by eating fat. I'm eating a ketogenic diet where 75% of my calories come from fat. And I've lost weight.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    incisron wrote: »
    Any suggestions?

Don't do it...

You need a certain amount of fat for good health. Look at calories for weight loss, not macros
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    I lost the most amount of weight, and fast when i increased my Fat to around 100g a day, I also reduced carbs at the same time though.
    My point is, eating fat does NOT make you fat, eating excess calories makes you fat, it doesnt really matter if fat/protein or carbs make up those calories!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited October 2016
    Cutting out fat is a very bad idea:
    1. Fat aides indigestion and regularity. If you don't eat fat, you'll have a hard time pooping.
    2. There are quite a few vitamins that rely on fat for absorption such as A, D, E and K. Look up symptoms of lack of these vitamins. For example, if your body cannot absorb vit d, it also will not absorb calcium very well.
    3. Optimal hair, skin and nails need dietary fat
    4. Dietary fat does not cause weight gain inability to lose weight. Eating too many calories causes weight gain.
    5. Low fat and fat free was a fad of the 70s to 90s. Fads are short lived (well, they should be)
    6. You will have poor brain function.
    7. Hormones will be out of whack.
    8. Irritability
    9. Stiff/ swollen joints
    10. Lack of energy and restless sleep

Does this sound optimal to you?

Calories are king for weight loss. You have been here for over a year, so I hope you're not serious.....
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,032 Member
    As everyone has said above, cutting the fat out of your diet is not how you lose fat. Dietary fat is essential to health. You lose fat by cutting calories.
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Do not do that, its very bad for you. I once followed a (bad) diet plan in my early 20's that had me using mostly nonfat products and I lost hair by the handfuls and was exhausted all of the time. You need a reasonable amount of fat in your diet daily for body functions and energy.
  • Naija82
    Naija82 Posts: 345 Member
    The above posters have said it all, fat is not the problem, eating more calories than you burn is. I'm eating more fat and less carbs than I did before, guess what I'm still losing weight.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,447 Member
    Any suggestions?

A suggestion ... don't do that.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    If you want fatness out of your life, eat in a calorie deficit. Fat's are critical for hormonal functions.
  • Gena575
    Gena575 Posts: 224 Member
    Is it even possible to cut all fat from one's diet? Kale has .6g per serving. Blueberries have .5g per serving just 2 random so called super healthy foods I googled.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,224 Member
    Gena575 wrote: »
    Is it even possible to cut all fat from one's diet? Kale has .6g per serving. Blueberries have .5g per serving just 2 random so called super healthy foods I googled.

Cut it all out? Probably not. Cut out enough to cause dangerous health problems? Definitely.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    I'm with the others that a balanced approach is best for most of us. The exception to this is people who are active and normal BMI, yet still struggle with high cholesterol, high BP etc. My husband is like this. His numbers improved dramatically on a low fat diet.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited October 2016
    Self edited--
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Any suggestions?

Very poor choice.