Vitamin B12 injections

Options
2»

Replies

• phw426
    phw426 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Used to give it to our horses when they were under stress and being shown a lot....it seemed to perk them up some and give them more energy....it did not cause weight loss with them....
  • tamikawoodson
    tamikawoodson Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Your friend is probably getting the Lipotropic/B12 injections. I used to get them every other week when we had a weight loss clinic in my hometown. I wasn't losing weight but I was losing inches which was even better. The injection are not cheap but I did notice that I had more energy than before I started taking them. Combined with an exercise plan and healthy diet, one can lose weight -not sure how much. I don't take them now and with just exercising and proper eating habits, I've lost 41 1/2 pounds since January.
  • dellaquilaa
    dellaquilaa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I've gotten them before - I lost a lot of weight, but I don't think the shots can take the credit. Pretty sure it was all the other changes I made at the same time.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I know someone who gets them for medical reasons. He hasn't lost weight (doesn't need to), but they do make him feel great.
  • Zaniejane
    Zaniejane Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    B12 will not make someone lose weight itself either in pill form, liquid form or injection form. Indirectly B12 may help someone lose weight ... if someone has low levels of the vitamin and corrects that with the pill/liquid/injection, their energy will increase leading to more physical activity.

Dr. Bernstein does B12 injections stating they lose weight. People in that program lose weight due to the very low calories, not the actual vitamin.

Well said!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I was going to come in here and make a joke like.. . "B12.. Will that help me lose weight?". But I see reality is funnier than humor here.
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I think B12 injections only help weight loss if your diet is deficient in B12.

I have B12 injections every 2-3 months because I can't absorb it properly, but I've never noticed a significant weightloss through being on it.

Edit: I know when I am due an injection because my energy levels sap away quite dramatically. I also feel the benefit straight after an injection, cos I feel fab and energised again! (This, in some people might cause some weight loss, depending upon how lethargic they feel prior to the injection and how active they become (rather than feel!) after the injection).
  • StacyAquino
    Options
    I used to get them for weight loss. With that and strictly cutting calories and no extra exercising, I lost 100 pounds. Of course, I got pregnant again, gained it all back, and now I'm starting over :ohwell:
  • sheribail
    sheribail Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love the lipotropic injections and the B12 injections. I know a great weight-loss clinic in the Phoenix area if anyone's interested.