Women who bulk...

Options
2»

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    I will be bulking near 4500 cals in a little more than a month. Feel free to add me.

You are a machine ;)
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Dont do cardio for one lol! I would also suggest 1.2-1.6 grams of protein per lbs. Another little trick is to add a banana to your protein shake at an hr before bed or if you can jump start your post sleep cycle do it at 4am. Add good fat as well... Wrap a chicken breast with bacon and assuming as lean as most of you all.... I can see you adding good fats because in ketosis you will burn it anyway. It does sneak some more grams of protein in. Brian

what does the banana do and what does ketosis have to do with anything? I dont see where anyone said they were bulking while doing keto(not saying you cant).jump start your post sleep cycle? huh? Im curious here
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dont do cardio for one lol! I would also suggest 1.2-1.6 grams of protein per lbs. Another little trick is to add a banana to your protein shake at an hr before bed or if you can jump start your post sleep cycle do it at 4am. Add good fat as well... Wrap a chicken breast with bacon and assuming as lean as most of you all.... I can see you adding good fats because in ketosis you will burn it anyway. It does sneak some more grams of protein in. Brian

what does the banana do and what does ketosis have to do with anything? I dont see where anyone said they were bulking while doing keto(not saying you cant).jump start your post sleep cycle? huh? Im curious here

To add onto this, those protein numbers are excessive, especially for a bulk.
  • onawho
    onawho Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I am interested in learning more about this.

If any of you have links to research and the hows and whys of bulking and cutting I would love to learn more.

I currently CrossFit 3x with a focus on Olympic lifts. I dont think I eat enough cals a day and I wonder if I am not losing weight because I am just eating enough.

My diary is open, please feel free to send links via message.

Thanks!
  • shellbubz
    shellbubz Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I also lift 3-4 times per week and am aiming to eat 2200 calories / day.
  • Ben_there_done_that
    Options
    I lift 4-5 times a week and my goal is around 2600 a day. Slowest bulk ever since I'm not very good at eating, apparently :lol:
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    First bulk - month 3 for me! 2300 cal increasing to 2400 next week. Feel free to add!
  • serapel
    serapel Posts: 502 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I'm doing a slow bulk...gaining about a lb per month. eating 2200 cals per day. Gained 4 lbs so far.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    fit_mama30 wrote: »
    Hey, I'm doing a bulk at the moment and would love to have other bulkers as my MFP friends! I sometimes find it hard to bulk and would love some motivation... Women or men... I currently lift 3-4x a week and am aiming for 2,300 calories a day.

Feel free to add me!

How long are your lifts?! I wish I could chill out a bit and go 3-4 times a week. I always end up there 6 x week (45-60 minute sessions) I'm bulking. First timer. I'm eating 1,400 + eating back all (and then some) exercise calories. Usually end up around 1,800. Feel like I'm basically maintaining, but at my height/weight this should be a 250 cal bulk. I can maintain at 1,350 and cut at 1,200. Clearly, very slow bulk.