food scale?

Options
ok I was lucky enough to get a food scale but it doesn't measure in grams. it only has kg, oz, lb, and ct? not sure what the ct is. which setting do y'all use?

Replies

• FitnessGirl11mfp
    FitnessGirl11mfp Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I would trade it in for one that measures in grams because that is going to be the most accurate.
  • myaminals
    myaminals Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    it was free I don't have that option.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    myaminals wrote: »
    ok I was lucky enough to get a food scale but it doesn't measure in grams. it only has kg, oz, lb, and ct? not sure what the ct is. which setting do y'all use?

ounces is fine....people act like everything has to be down to super exactness and it doesn't...it's silly.
  • myaminals
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

ounces is fine....people act like everything has to be down to super exactness and it doesn't...it's silly.

Thank you:)
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    You'll have to do the math then, if the serving size is listed in grams. Just google converting grams into oz (or whatever unit of measure you're using) and plug the numbers in.
  • myaminals
    Options
    leajas1 wrote: »
    You'll have to do the math then, if the serving size is listed in grams. Just google converting grams into oz (or whatever unit of measure you're using) and plug the numbers in.

Thanks!
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

This.

You can also calculate grams if you measure in kilograms. A kg is 1,000 grams, so if you weigh something that is .2 kg, you know that it is 200 g.
  • myaminals
    Options

This.

You can also calculate grams if you measure in kilograms. A kg is 1,000 grams, so if you weigh something that is .2 kg, you know that it is 200 g.

thank you! I wasn't sure if it was 0.02 or the .2
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Well ct is carats which is a use of measure for gemstones. 1 carat is actually 0.2 grams so a carat is higher resolution than even a gram.

If something weighed 200 carats on your scale it would be 40 grams. Sounds like your scale was for jewlers? Although if that is the case not sure why it would measure in kilograms o.O
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »
    Well ct is carats which is a use of measure for gemstones. 1 carat is actually 0.2 grams so a carat is higher resolution than even a gram.

If something weighed 200 carats on your scale it would be 40 grams. Sounds like your scale was for jewlers? Although if that is the case not sure why it would measure in kilograms o.O

464781816_862.jpg
  • myaminals
    Options
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »

haha. could be for all I know came it a free weight loss kit from work. I think they should have thrown in some jewels for us to practice weighing :)
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    You may be in a very unique position of being able to log how many carats of carrots you ate and I think because of that you have a duty to go eat some carrots and log how many carats they were.