What to put in my Coffee

Options
I put a drop of Stevia in it and a tablespoon of International Delights French Vanilla that has 5 grams of Sugar! I want to get away from it, but need that taste ! Help!

Replies

• CranstonJ2016
    CranstonJ2016 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Maybe a different brand or type of coffee? I love Tim's double double, I'm onto black coffee now but Tim's tastes like mud now lol I find going to a coffee shop and trying different beans that hold its own unique flavour made drinking black coffee easier.

Or you can just log in what you put in your coffee and cut back only a little bit..
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I don't watch sugar because I don't have any medical conditions that make that necessary. I also use International Delights French Vanilla and I use Truvia because it is the right kind of sweet for my taste buds.
  • zilkah
    zilkah Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I use vanilla protein powder mixed with a bit of cream.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    nothing...coffee is best with nothing...

if you want the vanilla flavor you could try a drop or two of vanilla extract with your stevia
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    If you enjoy your creamer and it fits into your calories, why fret about the fact that it contains a little sugar?

Also, they make sugar-free creamers. At least Coffeemate does. The sugar-free hazelnut is okay.
  • JLG1986
    JLG1986 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I sometimes drink Trader Joe's coffee with cinnamon in it - so delicious and no added sugar!
  • LaurenSL1
    LaurenSL1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I was so excited when i saw this post. I have been wondering the same thing. I see that you use a drop of stevia, I use 4-5 drops so that might help. But id love to find a great non-dairy creamer. Ive tried the coconut milk creamers, almond milk and now im on to cashew milk... but honestly, nothing does it for me like half/half. The search continues!
  • rinigirl76
    rinigirl76 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    so you are saying a drop of stevia and half/half would taste okay?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Protein powder and a dash of unsweetened vanilla almond milk. I add around 20g of salted caramel protein powder to my coffee.
  • genpopadopolous
    genpopadopolous Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I do a little milk and a scoop of protein powder.

Over ice, and I sip it all morning. Yum!!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    LaurenSL1 wrote: »
    I was so excited when i saw this post. I have been wondering the same thing. I see that you use a drop of stevia, I use 4-5 drops so that might help. But id love to find a great non-dairy creamer. Ive tried the coconut milk creamers, almond milk and now im on to cashew milk... but honestly, nothing does it for me like half/half. The search continues!

What's wrong with half and half or dairy creamers? I personally don't see any of those other options you mentioned as being inherently any healthier.
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I was actually able to give up creamer by finding a brand of coffee that I like! Some times I'll add a little cinnamon or nutmeg around the holidays.
  • kuroshii
    kuroshii Posts: 168 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I use plain whole milk when home, or half-and-half when I'm out, and that's it. Both have enough lactose in them that the coffee is sweetened "enough" for my taste. As others have said, start with good quality coffee.
    Personally I see no reason to go for "non-dairy creamer" in coffee unless you're lactose intolerant. It doesn't have fewer calories, it doesn't have more of any nutrient, it almost always DOES have a lot more sugar buried inside it.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    A tablespoon of creamer is reasonable, I think. I use a tablespoon of half and half in my coffee since I get flavored grounds. I'll use creamer around the holidays because I love me some peppermint, though!

If you "had" to pour 6-7 tablespoons into a cup to make it tolerable, then perhaps changing things up would be necessary. I think you're good though :)

~Lyssa
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Come to Australia, no one here even knows what half and half or creamer is, so we all manage to live without. The 2 choices are black or milk.
  • oceandaisies
    oceandaisies Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I use 1% milk at home, one to three tablespoons depending on the day and brand of coffee I am using. Occasionally use cream or half and half when out. And in december use eggnog instead of milk or creamer. If you want to use less sugar, take a drink of your coffee black before adding sweetener or milk. You will then find you need less sweetener for it to taste sweet.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I put a scoop of vanilla collagen protein, a splash of Ripple milk, and a pinch of pure stevia extract powder. I don't like eating anything before noon, so this serves as a high-protein, high-caffeine breakfast to get me going in the morning. Plus, it's sugar free and tastes like a vanilla latte! :)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Hot water
    Sometimes a splash of milk